stupid bugs

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
specmod1

stupid bugs

Post by specmod1 »

I installed Debian squeeze but snatpanic or what ever its called...is not reading the mint dvd? I want to use the mint DVD as a repo?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
specmod1

Re: stupid bugs

Post by specmod1 »

HELLO?
ThistleWeb

Post by ThistleWeb »

At the risk of derailing this thread, have you stepped back to look at your attitude here? I've been having a look through your various posts and kinda spotted a theme developing. This is a volunteer forum, we help each other because we can, we don't take kindly to impatient demands for responses. Posts like:

http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 68#p404968
http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 89#p406589

Or the one above, you start a thread, then an hour later come back to add an angry WELL? demand to bump the thread. I noticed you used the "well?" in another impatient post too.

http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 09#p404509

Forums are not instant help, they're a 24/7 resource that people contribute to. If you want instant support as soon as you click your fingers, there are companies who sell that. Community support is about VOLUNTEERS. When people are volunteering their time and skills to help people, they don't like being prodded for an answer. The people who can help may all be sleeping or working right now, they may not read your post for a few days, or get a chance to reply. Or they may just decide NOT to lift a finger because of your attitude.

You don't seem to be having much luck with the Debian base, it might be better with your hardware to switch to the Ubuntu base, there are plenty of applications which only come in Ubuntu deb versions, or Ubuntu repos, not to mention more stuff working out of the box.

The main point of this is to point out something you seem not to understand, community support is about patience. Keep in mind you need OUR help, not the other way around. If you go back to Windows or to another distro, it makes no difference to us, other than one less demanding person thinking we're 24/7 paid support to shout at when things need fixing.

We do have a live support channel on IRC, but again the same thing applies, patience. Try the same things on IRC and you'll get just the same reaction.

Oh, and ALL CAPS is interpreted as SHOUTING.

It also helps if you use a descriptive title too instead of something meaningless and generic.
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

Great big +1
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
richyrich

Post by richyrich »

@ specmod1 , I've been following your great progress in this latest endeavor of yours . . . and I agree with my fellow Scottish member above, I see members offering you extra help, with extra patience ! I've typed these words to you before . .

The Installation Manual

ukbrian

Post by ukbrian »

tdockery97 wrote:Great big +1
+10
hemimaniac

Post by hemimaniac »

ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!
altair4
Level 20
Level 20

Post by altair4 »

Oh and by the way richyrich wasn't being rude, rtfm is an actual command, for example:

Code: Select all

rtfm apt
brings up the man pages for apt.
Please add a [SOLVED] at the end of your original subject header if your question has been answered and solved.
TBABill
Level 6
Level 6

Post by TBABill »

richyrich wrote:@ specmod1 , I've been following your great progress in this latest endeavor of yours . . . and I agree with my fellow Scottish member above, I see members offering you extra help, with extra patience ! I've typed these words to you before . .

The Installation Manual

I usually hate the RTFM answer, but in this case it is fully warranted. I read back through the OP's posts yesterday after seeing another one that set me back for a moment. I passed on offering assistance, but the bigger surprise was my restraint from saying what has been said above by several other members.

Richyrich, on this one we completely agree!!!

+1

Return to “LMDE Archive”