Update changed my date format

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
rolandpish

Update changed my date format

Post by rolandpish »

Hi there.
Yesterday I performed a dist-upgrade and after that, my date format changed. How did I notice that?
Well, before the upgrade, time marks in skype chat appeared like this: 11:22:54 PM and now they appear like this: 23:22:54 CST and I can't find where to change it back to where it was.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
viking777

Re: Update changed my date format

Post by viking777 »

I think the command

Code: Select all

date %r
Is what you want. but I haven't tested it because I don't want to change the way my clock displays.

BTW. If it complains about permissions just add sudo in front of it.
maxmir

Post by maxmir »

'date +%r' just prints out the date on the command line in the requested format, it doesn't change the date.

Plus, the question seemed to relate to the format used in skype. Perhaps either skype, tzdata or something locale related got updated. If skype doesn't allow you to change it back, I'd suggest looking at the locale settings.
rolandpish

Post by rolandpish »

Thanks for your input.

I'm in another LMDE box that I haven't updated, and skype is showing the "normal" time marks. I'm revising now the "updatable" packages to see if there's at least one related to locale.

I'll let you know what happens.

Cheers.
rolandpish

Post by rolandpish »

Well, no, haven't found an "updateable" package related to locale. I'll update this box anyway but any further help is really appreciated :)
rolandpish

Post by rolandpish »

Ok, in my 64bit box my LMDE 64 bit updated without problems and "time marks" are still normal. In my other box with LMDE 32 bit the "time marks" were converted to that 23:54:55 CST.

Return to “LMDE Archive”