Reversion: Alsa Driver 1.0.15 HP laptop

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
JohnH
Level 4
Level 4

Reversion: Alsa Driver 1.0.15 HP laptop

Post by JohnH »

Hi,

I have an HP Pavillion dv2000 series laptop. There has been a history of problems with the speakers/mic/headphones.

This was properly fixed with Alsa driver 1.0.14. Since installing the upgrade to Celena with the new Kernel, it is behaving badly again. I have tried the latest stable driver; n luck.

Kernel is the problem. This has happened before. I guess I will have to wait for the next Kernel upgrade to see if the problem is fixed.

EDIT: I just reinstalled the alsa-plugins-1.0.15 and rebooted. Problems seems t o be fixed. This is all very weird. The "make install" process reported "nothing to do" messages. People with programming background in Linux might makes sense of this.

Regards
John
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Post by Husse »

I'm no programmer but perhaps nothing was installed = "nothing to do" but still something was reconfigured.
Just a guess.....
JohnH
Level 4
Level 4

Post by JohnH »

Hi Husse,

I've got no idea about what is going on. I went to bed last night satisfied that I had fixed a problem and turned on the HP this morning and it is back again. I KNOW it was good last night. I've reinstalled the plugins but it has made no difference.

I've posted all this on the alsa bug site. It is a real mystery. So it is now officically "not fixed".

John
Husse

Post by Husse »

Darn you're on the other side of the world :)
I would really have liked to have a hands on approach and see what happens when you change a bit here and a bit there
JohnH
Level 4
Level 4

Post by JohnH »

Hi Husse,

Ha! foiled again by living at the wrong end of the planet. We have a complex living here at the back end of the planet. javascript:emoticon(':lol:')

Regards
John
Husse

Post by Husse »

Complex...?
Anyway I like what I've seen of Australia, but not been there in the hottest period, have difficulties with heat since 25 years....

Return to “Sound”