gxine freezes upon running

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
bensoliman

gxine freezes upon running

Post by bensoliman »

i've installed gxine using the package manager in my lmde netbook
after installing, i ran gxine from the menu
the splash screen would show along with the window border of gxine but it would just stay like that
i would need to force quit the program just to get it off the desktop

i have the lmde install image stamp at 20110101
i haven't updated anything save for the programs i installed and use on a regular basis
any advice is greatly appreciated, cheers!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
amina

Re: gxine freezes upon running

Post by amina »

Could you try to run it from the terminal and let us know if you get any errors?
bensoliman

Post by bensoliman »

here we go:

$ gxine
params.c:OpenConfFile() - Unable to open configuration file "/home/bensoliman/.smb/smb.conf":
No such file or directory
params.c:OpenConfFile() - Unable to open configuration file "/home/bensoliman/.smb/smb.conf.append":
No such file or directory
warning: configuration item media.audio_cd.device points to a non-existent location /dev/cdrom
warning: configuration item media.audio_cd.cddb_cachedir points to a non-existent location /home/bensoliman/.xine/cddbcache
warning: configuration item media.capture.save_dir points to a non-existent location
warning: configuration item media.dvb.channels_conf points to a non-existent location /home/bensoliman/.xine/channels.conf
warning: configuration item media.dvd.device points to a non-existent location /dev/dvd
warning: configuration item media.dvd.raw_device points to a non-existent location /dev/rdvd
warning: configuration item media.vcd.device points to a non-existent location /dev/cdrom
warning: configuration item media.video4linux.radio_device points to a non-existent location /dev/radio0
warning: configuration item decoder.external.real_codecs_path points to a non-existent location
warning: configuration item subtitles.separate.font_freetype points to a non-existent location
gxine: killed by watchdog bite
Aborted
amina

Post by amina »

Hi bensoliman,

I found some posts about this error with no solutions :( (http://forums.opensuse.org/english/get- ... ine-1.html & http://forums.opensuse.org/english/get- ... ine-1.html) and one where the problem is similar but whole Gnome freezes when gxine crashes: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1489123 (I experienced the same with xine, GUI completely crashed and could not be restarted).

In this thread there is a solution (changing the video driver xine uses), you could try it...

Another suggestion you could try is to delete/rename your ~/.xine directory.

Let us know how it goes...
bensoliman

Post by bensoliman »

hi amina, thanks for all the suggestions, been really busy lately.
I'll get back to you once I have time to tinker, cheers!

Return to “LMDE Archive”