some questions about xfce edition

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
merlwiz79
Level 8
Level 8

Post by merlwiz79 »

1) Is installed by default as before.
2) Hold Shift key then Click on file(s) and drag them where needed.
3) It is installed but not enabled by default. To enable use mintDesktop.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
merlwiz79
Level 8
Level 8

Post by merlwiz79 »

unreal223 wrote:Thanks.
Just realized I typed it wrong. I meant folder to folder. :oops:
So I can just hold shift to drag without copying. Is there a setting somewhere I can just disable the copying thing altogether. Last time I just installed gnome on top of xfce and that worked pretty well but the new screenshots from the new xfce skin look really good!
I don't have to hold shift when itfolder to folder just when it's Desktop to Folder.
Why did you install Gnome?
Raletia
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Raletia »

unreal223 wrote:I'm still a windows user (have to be for ms office)
Not True ^.^ (If MS-Office is the only thing)

Two Words:

Crossover Office

When I had mint installed I tried the trial of it with office xp. It works awesome for productivity apps, and even lets you use some windows browser plugins with linux browsers.

Also, if you don't have much money there is plain wine plus wine-doors, that seems to work pretty well too, I got Guild Wars running with that(Granted for best performance I had to force it to dx8 mode. that got me around 30fps on a 6600gt 128mb, dx9 was more around 15 - 20fps with stutters of 5 at times)

http://www.wine-doors.org/
jbaerbock
Level 4
Level 4

Re: some questions about xfce edition

Post by jbaerbock »

Or just give OpenOffice a shot, works just as well as MS Office IMO. Also why are you installing the XFCE edition if you want Gnome anyway? Wouldn't it make more sense to just use the main Mint edition then?

Return to “Xfce”