Best Version To Install?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Husse

Post by Husse »

Welcome to Mint Stupidkid
This must be the old crappy Celeron divide cpu frequency by three and it's about what you get in performance 256 MB ram is also low, but while it may be slow to install, Celena will run fine. I have a feeling that Daryna uses more RAM - my comp is using 290 MB now in Cassandra/Celena it was generally about 230 MB
Also the video card is important, but I guess you have Intel video and it should not give problems
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Lolo Uila
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Lolo Uila »

Actually, with only 256MB of RAM I'd recommend Cassandra XFCE. It runs very well on lean systems. I've installed it on a couple of old Pentium-3 systems with very good results.

Aloha, Tim
Husse

Post by Husse »

Come to think of it.
Bot the live cd and create a swap partition, then reboot and the swap will be used - helps a lot...

Return to “Beginner Questions”