Easist way to remaster LMDE XFCE with Debian 6.0.1 files?

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
t3g

Easist way to remaster LMDE XFCE with Debian 6.0.1 files?

Post by t3g »

I heard the current version of Linux Mint Debian Edition XFCE is based on a not final version of Debian 6.0 Squeeze. Seeing that the 6.0 stable was released a month or so ago, is there an easy way to remaster the "debian-live-6.0.1-i386-xfce-desktop.iso" or the "debian-6.0.1a-i386-xfce+lxde-CD-1.iso" ISOs with the LMDE XFCE package addons? If it is more efficient, could I instead take the current LMDE XFCE ISO and replace the core Debian files from 6.0.1 and remaster that?

I browsed this site for tutorials but some of them suggest a netinstall but if I have the ISO already here on my computer that I want to modify, shouldn't I be able to modify easily? I was also thinking of throwing LXDE on the remaster but since the current LXDE is based off of Ubuntu, it is not a priority to throw in there with XFCE if there are incompatibilities.

For quick reference:
XFCE desktop ISO is at http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/cur ... so-hybrid/
XFCE and LXDE ISO is at http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/6.0.1a/i386/iso-cd/
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
casey972oo

Re: Easist way to remaster LMDE XFCE with Debian 6.0.1 files

Post by casey972oo »

Hi there ! ... ' t3g ' ! ...

sure you can ' remaster ' anything you like ! ... when you know how to do it ! ...
I also know ! ... it will take plenty of time to download another version of ' .iso-image ' ! ...
but finally this would be the much more easier way to solve your desire ! ...

just choose the right image for your prozessor ! ... that's it ! ...

' Debian 6.o.1a Squeeze ' is stable ! ...

casey972oo

vrkalak

Post by vrkalak »

Debian 6 Squeeze was released as 'stable' on Feb 5th, 2011.

Debian is well-known for being "rock solid stable" --- always.

If you installed any version of Debian and have kept up with the updates,. then on Feb 5th you had a very stable Debian 6.

If you have changed the LMDE repros to reflect Squeeze then you have Debian 6.1 'stable'
If you have kept the repros pointed toward 'testing' then you have a rather stable, but still 'testing'.
As a rolling release, which was the whole point of LMDE, in the first place.
t3g

Post by t3g »

My whole point was to remaster a CD/DVD with the final 6.0.1 Squeeze files with the Mint Debian extras for a few computers I may be giving to people. I want to simply put in the CD/DVD, install it, and be stable without first having to connect to the internet and download possibly hundreds of files off the bat.

I see the Mint XFCE has a .squashfs file when I extract the ISO. Do I just have to create a new SquashFS file and swap it out or is there more to it?
vrkalak

Post by vrkalak »

I would then suggest . . .

After you get your LMDE set-up and updated > use MintBack-up or the Backup Tool, in the Mint menu > then, save to DVD or flash-drive.
The Backup Tool / Mint Backup is an easy App to use, follow directions and a few clicks. Done.

The Back-up Tool will backup everything > the OS, Config files/Scripts and Apps installed.
casey972oo

Post by casey972oo »

Hi there ! ... there is a programm ... is called ... ' remastersys-backup ' ! ...

but you don't find this in the repositories ! ... just give in a terminal ! ...

' gksu wget http://www.salineos.com/USB/keytooli && gksu chmod +x ./keytooli && gksu ./keytooli ' ! ...

if your command-line use ' sudo ' excusivly ? ... replace ' su ' .. with ' sudo ' ! ...
this is the ' remastersys-backup ' from ... Anthony Nordquist ! ...

casey972oo

Return to “LMDE Archive”