Epiphany or Galeon?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
WinXpNewb
Level 3
Level 3

Epiphany or Galeon?

Post by WinXpNewb »

Seeing as I'm not experienced with the possible pitfalls with using a browser on Virtualbox/Wine, I was wondering if anyone can refer to which browser is most similar to K-meleon? I read from some searches that Galeon/Epiphany is the equivalent of K-meleon in Linux but having tried both, I honestly don't see how.

The particular features I'm looking for are browser features out of the box and K-meleon's ability to manually add a page into session/layer without opening the entire session and resaving. Unfortunately I haven't found a Firefox extension that does this.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Post by Husse »

http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/UKmeleon
There is a version of K-meleon for Linux in there
It's all more or less Mozilla browsers....
WinXpNewb
Level 3
Level 3

Post by WinXpNewb »

Thanks. Reading from that version, it does seem very buggy (No groups = no layers) which made me avoid it in the first place and to be honest, even on Windows I tried to stay away from the K-meleon forks. K-meleon the main release has minor bugs and it's very technical to get to the nitty gritty of the browser. A skillset I currently don't possess.
carltonh
Level 2
Level 2

Post by carltonh »

or in a terminal do "sudo wine /directory/where/the/file/is"
I've read quite a few times NOT to use sudo with wine. Wine is a user application and running sudo with it can screw up permissions or such.

Return to “Software & Applications”