[SOLVED] DISABLE KNotify

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
HorrorCode

[SOLVED] DISABLE KNotify

Post by HorrorCode »

Is there any way to disable knotify, I searched but just can't seem to find a way?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
richyrich

Re: DISABLE KNotify

Post by richyrich »

. .
Last edited by richyrich on Sat May 14, 2011 1:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
HorrorCode

Post by HorrorCode »

Is it possible to disable under KDE?
richyrich

Post by richyrich »

. .
Last edited by richyrich on Sat May 14, 2011 1:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
rec9140

Post by rec9140 »

HorrorCode wrote: I run Mint G[CENSORED TAINTED INFESTED C R A P!] 64 bit, and G[CENSORED TAINTED INFESTED C R A P!] is pretty straightforward about having the ability to disable things you don't want running, as I thought was the point of linux in the first place. Perhaps it's time to drop kde altogether,
Well the stinky foot fora are down the hall....and its long been time to drop that infested and tainted DE. :twisted: :evil: Thankfully they are screwing up their DE quite nicely on their own. :D

I'll pass on some advice... your "'tude" will get you promptly banned at the KDE forums. They will not tolerate any critic and criticism of the choices of the KDEaratti. This is not a bug, its done intentionally and KDE doesn't believe you should be able to disable this. You can remove the notification item from the Kicker and change the settings on the types of notifications, but thats it.
HorrorCode

Post by HorrorCode »

rec9140 wrote:
HorrorCode wrote: I run Mint G[CENSORED TAINTED INFESTED C R A P!] 64 bit, and G[CENSORED TAINTED INFESTED C R A P!] is pretty straightforward about having the ability to disable things you don't want running, as I thought was the point of linux in the first place. Perhaps it's time to drop kde altogether,
Well the stinky foot fora are down the hall....and its long been time to drop that infested and tainted DE. :twisted: :evil: Thankfully they are screwing up their DE quite nicely on their own. :D

I'll pass on some advice... your "'tude" will get you promptly banned at the KDE forums. They will not tolerate any critic and criticism of the choices of the KDEaratti. This is not a bug, its done intentionally and KDE doesn't believe you should be able to disable this. You can remove the notification item from the Kicker and change the settings on the types of notifications, but thats it.
Thanks for the answer, I can live with the 35-40 meg footprint no problem, and forgive my tude, I was just curious as I've actually been thinking heavily about a switch to kde in light of gnome 3, but thats beyond this topic, next time I'll save the trouble and just ask the question without being so opinionated, A+ for putting me in my place!
richyrich

Re: [SOLVED] DISABLE KNotify

Post by richyrich »

W . . WDHd's

edit: remove some snide remarks after finding out I was dealing with . . .
Last edited by richyrich on Sat May 14, 2011 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
HorrorCode

Post by HorrorCode »

The best solution I have found for this, which is a simple enough workaround, is:

Code: Select all

cd /
sudo chmod -x /usr/bin/knotify4
This will disable all kde app notifications from what the source of this fix implied.
sdibaja
Level 5
Level 5

Post by sdibaja »

HorrorCode wrote:The best solution I have found for this, which is a simple enough workaround, is:

Code: Select all

cd /
sudo chmod -x /usr/bin/knotify4
This will disable all kde app notifications from what the source of this fix implied.
That stopped the "launching KNotify" but I still have a lingering "Launching KDED Global Shortcuts Server" message that will not quit.
running Mint 13 Mate here...

PS: installed kremotecontrol and muon-notifier
I see no new menu options to change anything but no longer get "Launching KDED Global Shortcuts Server" upon boot. Fixed I guess!
Peter
Mate desktop https://wiki.debian.org/MATE
Debian GNU/Linux operating system: https://www.debian.org/download

Return to “Software & Applications”