Hellooo...

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Lolo Uila
Level 5
Level 5

Hellooo...

Post by Lolo Uila »

[Crickets chirping...]

[Echo] Helloo... Hello... ... ...

[more Crickets chirping...]

[Sigh] Sure is lonely here tonight. :(

Guess no one looks at the IRC channel when the main URL is down.

Oh look, someone else is on! :shock:

[Sigh] It's only GoogleBot... :(

I hope all my fellow Mintians are enjoying their evening away from the forums. Or are you all just hanging out on Ubuntu forums? Oh well... it's getting dark. Maybe I'll go outside and look at Comet Holmes again.

Aloha, Tim
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Post by Husse »

It's working again :lol: :lol:
Could have been a DOS attack on our name server....
GrayWizardLinux
Level 6
Level 6

Post by GrayWizardLinux »

a day or two before this happened there was athread over at ubuntu that was stating how slow and terrible the minti forum was compared to ubuntu.

Pretty synchronous set of events if you ask me which i know you didn't.

But maybe there was something behind this thread.
Husse

Post by Husse »

Maybe a bit to much conspiracy theory :lol:
The forum has been terribly slow, but after we moved it to a lighttpd server it works quite well. It still bogs down a bit during searches - and it still needs a couple of minutes to find my posts (before the move it needed about 18 minutes and the forum was unresponsive during that time)
The reason is (of course) lack of resources - we can't afford to pay for the best of the best...

Return to “Other topics”