Going to try MINT, But.....

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
nixie21
Level 1
Level 1

Going to try MINT, But.....

Post by nixie21 »

I have a dual boot system now, XP and ubuntu....

I have some unresolved bugs with ubuntu, so want to try mint. When I installed ubuntu I let it create the disk partitions. What is the best way for me to install mint at this time?

I was going to boot into XP and install partition magic. Can I just delete the ubuntu partitions and then boot to the mint livecd to install and let mint redo the partitions? I am a bit confused as you can see...

THEN WITH MINT:

Will I have problems with my video card? ATI Radeon 9600 pro....

Any suggestions comments on what to expect differently from ubuntu and mint?

Thanks for the help...I will be back!!!!!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Lolo Uila
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Lolo Uila »

The Mint installer will give you the option of repartitioning the drive. You can eliminate Ubuntu during that step by just formatting the Ubuntu partitions and installing Mint there.

Will you have problems with an ATI 9600 Pro? Now that is a loaded question! The 9600 Pro should work with the default open-source driver, but when it comes to ATI and Linux nothing is certain. ATI also has their own proprietary driver (fglrx) that is faster than the Linux driver, but it can be a real pain to get working.

Aloha, Tim

Return to “Installation & Boot”