[SOLVED] How to open Rdesktop?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
spoonman

[SOLVED] How to open Rdesktop?

Post by spoonman »

Hi, I'm newbie :) so I don't even know how to open this program (Rdesktop)?
Mint 11 have it by default in if I search in package manager I can see that it's installed.
But if I go to Menu--> Search (I can't find or open them) even Alt+F2 is useless :oops:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
wyrdoak

Re: How to open Rdesktop?

Post by wyrdoak »

It might be a command line program. Try opening your terminal and type sudo rdesktop
SimonTS

Post by SimonTS »

Try typing 'rdesktop' at the command line and look at the options, or go to the website - http://www.rdesktop.org/
Habitual

Post by Habitual »

wyrdoak wrote:It might be a command line program. Try opening your terminal and type sudo rdesktop
sudo is not necessary.

Code: Select all

rdesktop $remotehost -u $userID -p $password -r clipboard:PRIMARYCLIPBOARD -g 80% &
$remotehost can be hostname (if it resolves) but I mostly use IPs myself
$userID is the LoginID on the target system
$password is your Windows password on target system.
-r is remote clipboard enabled (trust me, you want it)
-g is 80% of your computer's display
& forks it in the background (I use shell a LOT)
or you can use
Alt+F2 and run

Code: Select all

rdesktop $remotehost -u $userID -p $password -r clipboard:PRIMARYCLIPBOARD -g 80%
spoonman

Post by spoonman »

You don't know how much you help me - now works fine :D
Thank you :)
Habitual

Re: [SOLVED] How to open Rdesktop?

Post by Habitual »

Finally. all my ramblings actually made sense to someone else! :)

Glad it worked out.

Return to “Beginner Questions”