having kubuntu branding

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dracorX

having kubuntu branding

Post by dracorX »

Hehe, please don't flame, only answer, if possible:-)

My problem is following: I do LOVE linux Mint. But I don't like all the artworks: although it s nice, it doesn't fit my taste.

A friend just installed GUTSY Kubuntu. Where I love the whole presentation (from bootscreen to splash to login and all)

Is there an easy way to rebrand mint to kubuntu?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Post by Husse »

You mean have it look like Kubuntu?
Take a look at the different themes already in Mint and I would suspect you could install a theme from Kubuntu
dracorX

Post by dracorX »

hehe... well how to install boot splash etc? does kubuntu have a branding package? altering it all?
Fintan
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Fintan »

hehe... well how to install boot splash etc? does kubuntu have a branding package? altering it all?
If you mean the grub splash, a quick answer is no. You might find some info on grub splashing in Kubuntu that suits you here:
http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/index.p ... =3088532.0

This should work in Mint KDE as well

Apart from that there is a gutsy kdm theme in the kdm theme bit of kcontrol and a kubuntu gutsy backround available under /usr/share/wallpapers/ in the beta 4.0 KDE Darnya Mint.

I hope this helps :)
dracorX

thanx

Post by dracorX »

Thanx, I'll try it

Return to “Other topics”