Boot process step by step, file by file, script by script

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
subsailor

Boot process step by step, file by file, script by script

Post by subsailor »

I am running Julia updated to the latest level.

Where may I locate docs, diagrams or any detailed info on the subject of this post.
I have a problem which I want to locate myself but, frankly, I cannot decipher the boot process ramblings.

Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
lmintnewb

Re: Boot process step by step, file by file, script by scrip

Post by lmintnewb »

Might want to tell folks about what problem you're having. Your comps specs/particulars ... etc. Have to give people enough info to work with ya know or folks will look your post over and move on to the next. Just a thought ... If ya wind up having to deal with it yaself. The answer to your question is Google and/or the forum search bar ... Has more info than anyone could probably ever need to know about all things linux and linux mint between them.
subsailor

Post by subsailor »

Thanks for the suggestion.
I've been a software engineer for 35 years and feel that I can determine how to find the precise cause if the appropriate docs are available.

So I will just keep working with same tenacity that I've been blessed with for the last 71 years.

Thanks again subsailor.
nunol
Level 9
Level 9

Post by nunol »

Mint 10 is based on Ubuntu and Ubuntu is based on Debian so you may find what you need in Ubuntu or Debian documentation:

http://wiki.debian.org/BootProcess
olle
Level 3
Level 3

Post by olle »

nlsthzn

Post by nlsthzn »

I have decided to go through the requirements of the LPI exams (www.lpi.org) to sharpen my knowledge of how GNU/Linux works and the first part covers a lot about the boot processes etc. so you could do a search for some of the study guides on the subject to assist in understanding the fundamentals of it...

Cheers
Neil
techsystemquery

Post by techsystemquery »

Some points below boot process link was useful

http://www.expertslogin.com/linux-admin ... in-detail/

Good Luck
Zikco

Post by Zikco »

Chapter 9 of The Debian Administrator's Handbook has some info on the boot process, as well:
http://debian-handbook.info/

It may not be as insanely detailed as you'd like, but every bit of info helps, right? :)

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”