New Wine Install

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
samriggs

New Wine Install

Post by samriggs »

Well I guess this one has mentioned a time or two or three or four or five, I've been reading all over the place the best way to go about this.
I read about the frickelplatz.de backport but it uses sid and I am not sure thats a good thing to use for debian testing, I read about the package making way (which I still have no clue how to do although I haven't tried because it makes me a bit nervous (but I guess I'll never reach that plateau unless I give it a whirl) the packages from dev.carbon-project do I just install all those deb files (for the 32 or 64 depending) or do I also create a deb for the tar file also? and if so is it both the wine-unstable_1.3.21-0.1.debian.tar.bz2 and wine-unstable_1.3.21.orig.tar.bz2 this can be found at http://dev.carbon-project.org/debian/wine-unstable/ which seems the best way to get the updated version of wine, just confusing as to what to do for a noob in this one. Also do I use the changelog files also??????
I been reading this stuff for the last week off and on trying to figure this all out, I heard the ubuntu ppa is ok but heck that might be gone soon and might mess lmde up later down the road.
Anyone figure out the best way to do this yet for lmde and if so HOW?
I really would love to have the updated version of wine but want to make sure I am doing it the easiest and if not the easiest then the best way possible (hopefully with a good how to that noobs can understand) I am getting my way around pretty good and learning from the forums and doing it by practice, this one has to many ways around it and to many opinions on how to do it but no really clear cut answers yet.
Any help would be greatly appreciated I'm sure by not only me but a lot of others too.

Thanks very very much in advance for any help anyone can provide me and others in this.
I have three computers I have to do this on so I want to make sure I don't wreck the other systems (mine I can just reinstall or try to fix it but I would rather not :wink:

Sam
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
samriggs

Re: New Wine Install

Post by samriggs »

Never mind
I thought I would give the deb file a whirl from http://dev.carbon-project.org/debian/wine-unstable/ and it works great.
Stupid me.
Well if anyone wants to try this it worked for me, just download the deb files from that source for the 32 bit or the 64 bit (whatever you have) and install them, two won't work until you get the lib files in first though then they will install :D
Ok I'm happy now, you can leave this post up for others or delete the thing if you so desire.

Thanks
sam

Return to “LMDE Archive”