Hello ^ ^

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Kori

Hello ^ ^

Post by Kori »

Hi, so I thought I'd introduce myself and become a little more active in the community, as I recently changed over to Katya. ^ ^ I've been using Linux Mint for a couple months already, thanks to my boyfriend's persuasion to try it. I had been using Linux Mint 10 Julia, and I really enjoyed using it, though I changed every so often from Linux to Windows 7 (because I had installed it using mint4win). However I decided after I finished high school, just to change completely over to Linux Mint, and I backed everything onto a server and uninstalled Linux, and stuff and tried to install Katya. Well, as I am pretty much a novice to computers, I didn't get to install Katya until yesterday evening. During the time I hadn't used Linux, I found myself pretty miserable. I just had adapted to using it more and had fallen in love with the multiple desktops, speed, ease of use, and stuff. Katya made me fall in love with Linux Mint all over again. I loved the theme, speed, everything.

So, a few things about myself. I'm a high school graduate, starting college classes this fall, and live in San Jose, CA, US. Currently working to be business owner, and writer, in addition to picking up more knowledge about computers. So, I hope we could get along well, and get better acquainted, in addition to learning much from the community.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
lmintnewb

Re: Hello ^ ^

Post by lmintnewb »

Sound like a smart woman. Welcome to mintiness hope ya enjoy the stay. The bathrooms are down that hall n to the left. ;)
The-Wizard

Post by The-Wizard »

welcome to the mint family forums

wizard
nunol
Level 9
Level 9

Post by nunol »

Welcome to the Linux Mint Forums Kori!

cheers.
Kori

Post by Kori »

Thank you very much, lmintnewb I'll be sure to keep the bathroom layout in mind. ^ ^

Thank you also very much for helping me feel welcome Wizard and Nunol
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Oscar799 »

Hello Kori,
Welcome to Mint Forum :P
There is a lot of useful information for new and not-so-new users here -> http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 58#p302355
We have a Community site http://community.linuxmint.com/
For real-time help and discussion there are IRC channels,open MintMenu>Internet>XChat and you will be automatically connected to #linuxmint-help and #linuxmint-chat
Have fun with Mint
Kori

Post by Kori »

thank you very much, for telling that, and giving me helpful information.
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

Welcome Kori. Persistence pays off. :D
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
Kori

Post by Kori »

ah! ^ ^; yes thank you very much. I'm sorry. I just belatedly realized I had responses. I greatly appreciate your kindness :)
rivenathos
Level 6
Level 6

Post by rivenathos »

Welcome to the forums. I hope you are having fun, thus far.
Current hardware: a Dell OptiPlex 3010 desktop, a Dell Inspiron 531 desktop, and a Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop.
Current OS: LMDE 3

Return to “Introduce Yourself”