GnomeBaker help

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jimint
Level 1
Level 1

GnomeBaker help

Post by jimint »

I installed GnomeBaker to burn pictures to a CD.After i did, it completed ok but when i reload the CD now it says it can't mount the /media/cdrom0 because it is a GnomeBaker Data disk,and i can't view anything on the disk.Anyone have any ideas how to make it readable again?And i'm using Cassandra.

Hi,sorry it took me so long to get back.And thanks for all the help.I tried the suggestions you gave and i get the error Cannot Mount Volume

Invalid mount option when attempting to mount volume `GnomeBaker Data Disk`.nothing i try seems to work.Any more ideas are greatly appreciated.

Here is what i get with the sudo ls -la /dev/hdc command : sudo ls -la /dev/hdc
brw-rw---- 1 jwi jwi 22, 0 2007-11-22 04:27 /dev/hdc

Update:I ended up getting a CD data recovery program that recovered my data and all is well now.

Users BEWARE of GnomeBaker it has severe problems or at least it hosed my CD.Anyway thanks for the help and use Brasero or K3B instead.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: GnomeBaker help

Post by Husse »

??
GnomeBaker is a CD burning program for Gnome so I don't really understand this
What exactly happens?
BakUp
Level 3
Level 3

Re: GnomeBaker help

Post by BakUp »

Welcome to the forums jimint if no one already has......

Is the disk mounted ? Do you have write permissions to this device ?

In a terminal check with:

Code: Select all

sudo ls -la /dev/sg0
If not:

Code: Select all

sudo chown -R username:username /dev/sg0
This is the only thing I can think of right now, in the mean time maybe Husse will come up with something or another expert may drop in.

Return to “Software & Applications”