mintUpdate: freezing a package?

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ceti
Level 2
Level 2

mintUpdate: freezing a package?

Post by ceti »

How do I freeze a package with MintUpdatel?

Audacity 1.3.3 didn't work for me, so I installed version 1.2.6. Now, everytime I boot, mintUpdate tries to update Audacity to 1.3.3 and this is annoying.

I know how to do it with Synaptic (Packages > Hold version) but can't find the option in MintUpdate.

Cheers
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Sorry, but that's the way it is.
Husse

Post by Husse »

There is no such option it seems - will pass this on to Clem
ceti
Level 2
Level 2

Post by ceti »

Thanks, Husse.

Cheers
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

Well, if you do it in synaptic, it should also be applied in mintUpdate. Doesn't that work?

Clem
PS: It would make a nice addition in the preferences.. there's something similar planned at the moment, the possibility to define your own levels for the packages you want, so I suppose you could have a level corresponding to things you want to freeze.
ceti
Level 2
Level 2

Post by ceti »

clem wrote:Well, if you do it in synaptic, it should also be applied in mintUpdate. Doesn't that work?
Unfortunately not.
clem wrote:PS: It would make a nice addition in the preferences.. there's something similar planned at the moment, the possibility to define your own levels for the packages you want, so I suppose you could have a level corresponding to things you want to freeze.
Good to know, thanks.

Cheers
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

By the way.. what's the problem with audacity 1.3.3? Because if there are issues with it I can make it a level 4...

Clem

Re:

Post by Guest »

clem wrote:By the way.. what's the problem with audacity 1.3.3? Because if there are issues with it I can make it a level 4...

Clem
It doesn't recognize neither libmp3lame.so.0.0.0 nor libmp3lame.so.0, so I can't save files as MP3. Tested on Mint and Mandriva, desktop & laptop.

Cheers
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Re: mintUpdate: freezing a package?

Post by clem »

ok, what's the exact version number? 1.3.3-1build1?

Return to “Other topics”