Wine and Miranda

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
hoppel
Level 3
Level 3

Wine and Miranda

Post by hoppel »

Hi,

I decided to use Miranda under WINE and it works perfectly fine but has one little flaw: I start it after booting with the session manager using this line:
winelauncher /home/***/Miranda/miranda32.exe
it starts and works, but its icon doesn't appear in the tray but instead in a little WINE window. When I start it manually it automatically appears in the tray...

Is something wrong with my session manager command?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Post by Husse »

Is something wrong with my session manager command?
No - only if you keep the *** :lol:
Think it has to do with when you start it - the session manager may start it before everything is up and running
hoppel
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Wine and Miranda

Post by hoppel »

Think it has to do with when you start it - the session manager may start it before everything is up and running
I thought the same and was wrong...
hoppel
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Wine and Miranda

Post by hoppel »

Well, now I checked it several times and I discovered one thing, which might be responsible: Whenever I try to reconfigure the session manager to get miranda started after everything else - all settings are lost after a reboot. So it seems to be impossible to try your hint... Maybe it's a bug.

Return to “Software & Applications”