[SOLVED] Bug Reporting Site - Endless Loop

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
enigma

[SOLVED] Bug Reporting Site - Endless Loop

Post by enigma »

Hello . . .

I received a few hundred updates yesterday to my LMDE KDE and now I have a few different bugs. One is worth reporting but I cannot get it to the bug reporting site.

I entered my user name and password then got sent to
https://bugs.launchpad.net/linuxmint/+filebug/+login

unfortunately that is as far as I get. The status line in Firefox 3.6.17 keeps displaying a loop of
Waiting for bugs.launchpad.net
Waiting for launchpad.net
Waiting for login.launchpad.net

and on and on at a fast rate.

My history shows the page as
OpenID transaction in progress

Anyone know what is happening (or a guess)? Cookies are activated and no problems at this end.

Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
zerozero

Re: Bug Reporting Site - Endless Loop

Post by zerozero »

well, i just tried now from the link in your post and managed to log in easily; check if you have launchpad allowed in noScript or in ABP, the issue can be there
sumski

Post by sumski »

If it's KDE related , report to Debian BTS
craigevil

Post by craigevil »

sumski wrote:If it's KDE related , report to Debian BTS
It is not a KDE bug nor a Debian bug, Ubuntu uses launchpad while Debian has its own BTS.
sumski

Post by sumski »

craigevil wrote: It is not a KDE bug nor a Debian bug, Ubuntu uses launchpad while Debian has its own BTS.

Code: Select all

One is worth reporting but I cannot get it to the bug reporting site.
I assumed enigma is talking about LMDE , not Ubuntu based Mint(I didn't meant that he should report his unsuccessful Launchpad login to BTS). I do know that Debian has its own BTS , and Ubuntu/Mint are using Launchpad. :wink:
enigma

[SOLVED] Re: Bug Reporting Site - Endless Loop

Post by enigma »

Thank You for all the replies.

The problem if there is one belongs to Firefox or Launchpad.

Adding cookies - allow for session only works in this instance if the cookies are set before I go onto the launchpad.net site. I usually allow no cookies but I add them when and if necessary on the basis of the page's value. For instance, if I come to a page where cookies are needed then I allow cookies for that page go back and then forward and I am accepted. This doesn't work with Firefox and Launchpad.

I don't know if this is intentional, a bug, an enhancement or an undocumented feature but it is not an easy job for me to lodge a bug report.

Again, Thank You your help.

Return to “LMDE Archive”