upgrade to 4.0 crash

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
sliver

upgrade to 4.0 crash

Post by sliver »

I now, I now. Clem warned that it was better to do a complete new install. but I sooo hate to loose everything I have set up.

Anyway so I did the upgrade to 4.0 from Celena. Everything went as well as could be expected. Except that I began to have some difficult problems. The first was that no amount of changeing the xorg.conf would help my screens. I did get that fixed thou. When you log in, you can't login to previous system. You need to log in to gnome. As long as I logged into previous system xorg was never consulted by Linux. I don't know why.

But my problem is with Compiz. figures, right.
It worked great in Celena. But after install I can't get it to start in 4.0 When I start it in terminal it says there is a syntax error. It also tells me that glx isn't running. I'm not sure all the changes from 3.1 to 4.0 so I didn't want to mess things up more than they are.

I have a nvidia 6200 card with 256mb. I'm running a AMD 64x2 co-processor.
with proprietary drivers installed by envy.
In the nvidia settings it says that glx is running.

I tried to uninstall all things compiz.
And reinstall but that didn't change anything.
I read in the Ubuntu forum of someone else having problems with compiz with the latest upgrade. I don't know if that is my problem or not?

Anyone that can shed some light on mt problem, I would be eternally great full.

Thanks
Ronnie
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
BakUp
Level 3
Level 3

Re: upgrade to 4.0 crash

Post by BakUp »

If it was me, I would have a moderator move this or start a new thread with Compiz in the subject title in a different category. I am sure you will get more attention that way.

Welcome to the forums Ronnie (just in case you are new) can not tell in your profile.

Return to “Installation & Boot”