KDE 4.6.3 migrated to Testing

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
sumski

KDE 4.6.3 migrated to Testing

Post by sumski »

Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Dr.m0x

Re: KDE 4.6.3 migrated to Testing

Post by Dr.m0x »

Makes me horny

---
Sent from my Leedroid Gingerbread love machine.
sumski

Post by sumski »

This would be a good time to rebase Mint KDE to Debian :D
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

Seems to be Clem's idea
In June, the focus will shift towards LMDE which will receive the Mint 11 features, and for which we’re also planning specific improvements (particularly on the installer and the update manager), as well as the KDE and LXDE editions.
http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=1769
sdrubble

Post by sdrubble »

zerozero wrote:Seems to be Clem's idea
In June, the focus will shift towards LMDE which will receive the Mint 11 features, and for which we’re also planning specific improvements (particularly on the installer and the update manager), as well as the KDE and LXDE editions.
http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=1769
Well, I had read that and had also toyed with that same zerozero idea... with the current developments going on with Gnome3 and Unity, seems that KDE is still preserving some amount of sanity.

However, Clem's statement can be understood in EITHER of 2 ways - the first one is indeed what zerozero implies.

The 2nd way of interpreting Clem's plan COULD be:
the focus will shift towards {1} LMDE which {blah blah}, as well as {2} the KDE and LXDE editions.
Meaning that, KDE and LXDE could be the 2nd focus for June, but NOT NECESSARILY associated with LMDE.

Hey Clem, what was it that you REALLY meant here ? Do your KDE & LXDE priorities stand within LMDE's framework or not ??? :mrgreen:
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

unfortunately :lol: , you might be right; and i say unfortunately because a LMDE KDE would/could be amazing, i think :)
sdrubble

Post by sdrubble »

zerozero wrote:a LMDE KDE would/could be amazing, i think :)
Well, one of the ideas I'm currently playing with is using Clonezilla to duplicate the partitions of my current LMDE-XFCE install (including of course the 600+ Mb of post-ISO updates), and activating another install where I'd start adding some KDE components (plasma desktop and workspaces, to start with), and see how that works out...
SebbyNC

Post by SebbyNC »

I'm testing a KDE install over the regular LMDE, and so far I like it a lot. It seems to be easy to setup different workspaces which can be dedicated to different activities, unlike (I think) gnome 2.x, and it's much more stable and finished than Gnome3/gnome-shell. I used the the link provided by in the original post to choose the packages to be installed.
For now I keep the gnome 2.3x environment as a fallback, but I'm not sure to turn back for quite some time, only perhaps when Gnome3/gnome-shell are more finished.
Would be nice to have a mintified Start Menu in KDE 4.6 though...
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

you can try lancelot, it's probably the closest to a mint menu you'll find in KDE
SebbyNC

Post by SebbyNC »

zerozero wrote:you can try lancelot, it's probably the closest to a mint menu you'll find in KDE
Thanks zerozero, I'm gonna try that right now.
sumski

Post by sumski »

For emerald junkies , there's smaragd , kwin plugin for using emerald decorators , instead kwin/decorator/aurorae.
So you can use emerald without compiz...

Return to “LMDE Archive”