Daryna stalls at import of documents and settings

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
pschoen6

Daryna stalls at import of documents and settings

Post by pschoen6 »

When installing Daryna from the live CD, the installation stalls at step 6, during "importing documents and settings". I installed over Celena, and now when I try to reinstall Celena, the same thing happens. Help please. I muti-boot with Windows, Mandriva, and Mint.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Daryna stalls at import of documents and settings

Post by Husse »

It takes a long time sometimes, a very long time, but I don't think it's stalling
I have experienced more than five minutes waiting time here
I can't remember 100% but I think you can turn that off....
pschoen6

Post by pschoen6 »

Would you happen to know how to turn it off. It is the migration assistant, I think?

Thanks
pschoen6

Problems with Daryna Migration Assistant

Post by pschoen6 »

You are right; there is a solution. I Googled "disable migration assistant mint", and here is what I found.

Alt-F2 instead of clicking the Install icon. Run: ubiquity --no-migration-assistant

I don't know what I am missing by disabling the Migration Assistant, but I couldn't install Daryna with it enabled.

Thanks
Husse

Post by Husse »

Isn't there an option in the GUI? Have of course to start an install to find out...
The migration assistant is the thing that imports your Firefox and Thunderbird settings and such, so it's completely harmless to turn it off (I hope :))

Return to “Installation & Boot”