Pango-WARNING**: failed to choose a font, expect ugly output

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
r2rX

Pango-WARNING**: failed to choose a font, expect ugly output

Post by r2rX »

Hey guys,

I've been trying to get a 32bit application running (Floola to be exact) and i've managed to solve it's dependencies by downloading the libraries, from the Debian repo, and placing them (manually) in the lib32 folder. This includes Pango (and it's dependencies).

However, when opening Floola, there is no font loaded; the terminal indicates the following:

Pango-WARNING **: failed to choose a font, expect ugly output. engine-type='PangoRenderFc', script='latin'

There's something i've obviously missed/not configured.

Any help is appreciated. :)

r2rX :D
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
itinerant1

Re: Pango-WARNING**: failed to choose a font, expect ugly ou

Post by itinerant1 »

From what you've said you manually downloaded?

If so, try going into synaptic and installing Pango from there. Using the dpkg/ apt-get/ aptitude tool (and synaptic is a front end for them) means the package is registered into the system.

Have you tried using a native Linux app for iTunes instead? http://blogote.com/linux-tips/top-itune ... inux/6160/
r2rX

Re: Pango-WARNING**: failed to choose a font, expect ugly ou

Post by r2rX »

I want to stick with Floola cause I work on Windows and Mac as well....and so I have Floola for every version on the iPod. So, regardless of platform, I can manage it and listen to music off it.

This Pango issue might pop up with other 32bit apps I encounter, so i'd like to learn how to solve it.

But thanks for the suggestion.

r2rX :)

Return to “LMDE Archive”