(solved) digikam not working after update

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Gerd50

(solved) digikam not working after update

Post by Gerd50 »

After yesterdays update, dist-upgrade digikam didn't start. I've uninstalled dk and tried to reinstall it but got this message:

Code: Select all

serious error of digikam (-> 2:1.9.0-3) <unresolved>
#630628 - ABI change -> digikam not working
(what means waiting until the bug is fixed)

Cause i didn't want to wait i've installed a deb package (digikam_1.9.0-3_i386.deb) and now i can start it via terminal. But i get a warning that i don't understand:

Code: Select all

KGlobal::locale::Warning your global KLocale is being recreated with a valid main component instead of a fake component, this usually means you tried to call i18n related functions before your main component was created. You should not do that since it most likely will not work 
QSqlDatabasePrivate::removeDatabase: connection 'ConnectionTest' is still in use, all queries will cease to work.
What can i do to fix this? A hint i've found told me to uninstall all what has to do with 'Marble' and then reinstall dk. But that
didn't help. I still get the warning.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Gerd50

Re: digikam not working after update

Post by Gerd50 »

I found out, what went wrong. The digikam starter in the mintmenu don't work. I created it new, but it didn't help.

If i use the Debian mainmenu dk starts without problems and don't crash. The same, if i pull the starter from the mintmenu
to the panel. Something seems to be wrong with dk starter and mm.

The warning i can't fix. But as long as dk works it's ok for me.

Return to “LMDE Archive”