Linux Multimedia Studio doesn't install right?

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
LizardGamer

Linux Multimedia Studio doesn't install right?

Post by LizardGamer »

On my Linux Mint Debian Xfce, when I go to install Linux Multimedia Studio, it install alright but it's not in the applications menu and when I search for it with the application finder it's not there either.

Anyone know how to get LMMS working/fixed?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Elisa

Re: Linux Multimedia Studio doesn't install right?

Post by Elisa »

Try to look it up by:
Alt + F2

or by CLI

aptitude search lmms
or
aptitude show lmms
(I do suppose the lmms is the package name, I don't have it installed if u know the exact package name)

And then just try
lmms &
to run it from CLI. after a time I suppose it should appear in your menu also.
LizardGamer

Post by LizardGamer »

That didn't work
Elisa

Post by Elisa »

LizardGamer wrote:That didn't work
Are you paying for every word you type here or what? :roll:
What about to be more verbose? How I can guess why that didn't work (but it mostly work on other comps/linuxes) if you don't write anything meaningful, any output or whatever the CLI says back? :?
LizardGamer

Post by LizardGamer »

Elisa wrote:Are you paying for every word you type here or what? :roll:
?
Elisa

Post by Elisa »

Didn't got it? BTW where are you from?

I meant type here more details "why it didn't work", even the CLI output you got after committing that command or whatever...
LizardGamer

Post by LizardGamer »

Elisa wrote:Didn't got it? BTW where are you from?
lol
Elisa wrote:I meant type here more details "why it didn't work", even the CLI output you got after committing that command or whatever...
Why didn't it work? Nothing Happened!
Elisa

Post by Elisa »

The CLI always something yell back :)
LizardGamer

Post by LizardGamer »

Elisa wrote:The CLI always something yell back :)
Well it didn't yell anything back at me

Plus I can't really find anyhting on the internet relating to the problem, except for a similar problem that someone had because Lmms needs Wine and debian only has/uses 1.1 whilst the current version is 1.3. which can't be downloaded for debian
Elisa

Post by Elisa »

In generally, you can install and download almost any version of any app to debian. By manual downloading and installing or installing in CLI by switches like "-t version", where version means testing, unstable etc. :wink:
craigevil

Post by craigevil »

How did you install it?

What is the output of apt-cache policy lmms?

Make sure you have all of the dependencies installed, although using apt-get/aptitude to install lmms should install all of the needed depends.

Depends: lmms-common (= 0.4.10-2), libasound2 (>> 1.0.18), libc6 (>= 2.3.6-6~), libfftw3-3, libfluidsynth1, libfontconfig1 (>= 2.8.0), libfreetype6 (>= 2.2.1), libgcc1 (>= 1:4.1.1), libice6 (>= 1:1.0.0), libjack-jackd2-0 (>= 1.9.5~dfsg-14) | libjack-0.116, libogg0 (>= 1.0rc3), libportaudio2 (>= 19+svn20101113), libpulse0 (>= 0.9.21), libqt4-xml (>= 4:4.5.3), libqtcore4 (>= 4:4.7.0~beta1), libqtgui4 (>= 4:4.5.3), libsamplerate0, libsdl1.2debian (>= 1.2.10-1), libsm6, libsndfile1 (>= 1.0.20), libstdc++6 (>= 4.5), libstk0c2a, libvorbis0a (>= 1.1.2), libvorbisenc2 (>= 1.1.2), libvorbisfile3 (>= 1.1.2), libwine, libx11-6, libxext6, libxft2 (>> 2.1.1), libxinerama1, zlib1g (>= 1:1.1.4), stk, wine-bin
Recommends: tap-plugins, caps
Suggests: fil-plugins, mcp-plugins, omins, vcf, freepats

Homepage: http://lmms.sf.net/

Return to “LMDE Archive”