virtualbox on daryna

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
solar1951
Level 4
Level 4

virtualbox on daryna

Post by solar1951 »

I have just upgraded to Daryna, which went very well congrats to clem et al and have installed VirtualBox from their website and loaded a virtual XP so I can get my canon scanner working - no Sane support under Linux. This all works like a charm with one small problem which is not really an issue with me but I would like to solve it if possible.

When I go to full screen with XP running as the guest the Mint panel is still there and I cannot see the XP taskbar. I have another machine running Ubuntu Gutsy and the XP guest works fine when going to full screen - the XP task bar hides the Ubuntu bar.

Why should there be a difference in the two ?

Anyone had this problem and overcome it using Daryna and VirtualBox ?

Thanks a lot for your inputs.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
rcdeacon
Level 3
Level 3

Re: virtualbox on daryna

Post by rcdeacon »

I DO NOT use the "fullscreen" mode at all. I used the "auto resize" feature instead and I can see Daryna tool bar and xp tool bar.
solar1951
Level 4
Level 4

Re: virtualbox on daryna

Post by solar1951 »

rcdeacon wrote:I DO NOT use the "fullscreen" mode at all. I used the "auto resize" feature instead and I can see Daryna tool bar and xp tool bar.
Yeah, I can do that but fullscreen is supposed to lay the entire windows screen over the linux screen so that the linux tool bar is hidden - this gives the maximum amount of screen size obviously. This works on Gutsy but not on Daryna.

The switch is ¨right-control+f¨, try it and see.

Return to “Software & Applications”