Sorry about that zero
sam: can you please post the log of this last update for future reference, please?
It was a broadcom update from what I seen, I had to download the drivers and build them to get it going in the first place, I still had the drivers in a saved folder and the terminal code to get it going again. This time I just ran the terminal code I had saved and it got it going again.
I notice in the log (if I got the right one , quite a long list) Mint Update.history and I checked the mint system log (hope that is it its in the var/log folder), never check that before, but it had realtek in it and two broadcom ones, one for sta common and one for source.
That one isn't my computer I just keep it updated and keep things running on it, mine is a 32bit one the one I fixed the broadcom on was a 64bit acer
If needed I can dig back into it again and find out where I got everything and what I did if it will help, just haven't done since I first did it, and just left the needed stuff saved in case this happened. Good thing I did
(not an expert here by no means).
I did the update June 26 if that helps.
Hope this helps in some way.