Hi Guys, take a look here...

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
johnwillis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys, take a look here...

Post by johnwillis »

Firstly can I start off by saying a big well done to Clem and the team for another fantastic release of Mint V4.0

Very happy with some of the improvements!

I've decided that a site is needed taking users through the initial transition from Windows to Linux, so I designed one! :)

It's going to be based on Ubuntu, but if there is enough demand I will put all the guides translated into Mint too (as the screens people will see will be a little different) - but firstly take a look...

http://www.essentiallinux.org

Also don't forget I'm not trying to replace forum sites like this or the Ubuntu one, simply add the number of resources available out there.

Take it easy guys,
J
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Hi Guys, take a look here...

Post by Husse »

Good thinking :D
johnwillis
Level 1
Level 1

Post by johnwillis »

Husse wrote:Good thinking :D
Cheers mate!

J
molom

Post by molom »

That's nice, why not base the site on linux mint. If it's for windows users, linux mint is a much more familiar environment than ubuntu. When I saw two taskbars on ubuntu Ifor the first time I was like what is wrong with this OS? :D

Return to “Chat about Linux”