Heya everyone!

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
NathanTJC

Heya everyone!

Post by NathanTJC »

I'm new to Linux, and while researching which distro to use, Linux Mint caught my eye. After trying it (and about 10 other distros) out on a bootable media, I installed it to my computer, and it's here to stay. I'm learning programming as we speak, and hope to help out with some testing and development further down the line. I look forward to getting to know you all! :D
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
nunol
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Heya everyone!

Post by nunol »

Welcome to the Linux Mint Forums NathanTJC!

Cheers.
The-Wizard

Post by The-Wizard »

Welcome to the Mint family forums

wizard
SimonTS

Post by SimonTS »

Welcome,

If you want to learn Mint better then one of the easiest ways, once you have got your speakers sorted, is to browse the forums on a regular basis (especially "Newbie Questions" and "Installation & Boot" and read the threads. That way you will learn common problems, troubleshooting methods etc that will help you no end in the future.
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

Welcome to the Mint forums NathanTJC. I'm sure you will also want to visit our Mint Community Website at http://community.linuxmint.com/. You will find real-time help in our IRC channels. Just go to Menu>Internet>XChat IRC and when you open it you will automatically be taken to our #linuxmint-chat and #linuxmint-help channels. Have fun with Mint.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
Matti L

Post by Matti L »

Welcome and congratulations for the great choice. Linux Mint is an excellent distribution.
BuyerBrown

Post by BuyerBrown »

Hi I'm New here as well and the Newbi section is really good lots of folks around to help - You say your learning Programming what tools and language are you learn with?
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Oscar799 »

Hello NathanTJC,
Welcome to Mint Forum :P
There is a lot of useful information for new and not-so-new users here -> http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 58#p302355

Return to “Introduce Yourself”