I have to say I am disappointed with 4.0

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
GrayWizardLinux
Level 6
Level 6

Re: I have ton say I am dissapointed with 4.0

Post by GrayWizardLinux »

well said Todds!!!
deadguy
Level 5
Level 5

Post by deadguy »

Very well said indeed!!!! 8)
saltyp
Level 1
Level 1

Post by saltyp »

Finally to address your point that if one buys a pre-installed computer it will work without flaws, well that is simply hogwash. I have in the past bought pre-installed systems and had to do much maintenance and tweaking on them. Sometimes it would take a month or two, but things would inevitably break and I would without a doubt eventually be reaching for the restore disks.
That is a fair point. Sent six HP laptops back a week ago that had no USB support, despite my efforts at rebuilding the windows stack and attempting third party configs.

If you want to gripe about hardware support, speak to anyone with Vista and a high end gaming rig with top notch sound card and video card. Lack of drivers and drops in FPS must be freaking people out that have actually spent money on the latest bestest gaming mutimedia OS. Again I will stand by my first point. Install what you want at home. Punish it and screw it up and fix it fifty times all for free. Get the next one and fix it forty times. In business.....dont bother. The turtle and the hare.
P.S.: I installed daryna today and with one go it went through.no hassless.
I did not try wireless..It might not even work...but I will let this know rather than making a fuss about it..
I hope i did not offend anybody.If I did I am sorry.

None taken constantine, welcome aboard. Daryna worked for me too.
if it aint broken....dont let me near it
RSimpson
Level 1
Level 1

Post by RSimpson »

sundayrefugee wrote:You're really mad because you chose a free car, instead of buying one, and you've found that it's impossible for a volunteer car-maker to design a part that fits every single car on earth without modification. In addition, the gearshift is too far away for your taste, and instead of finding out how to place it where you'd like, you'd rather flame the volunteer car-maker whose free car you chose.

Sorry. Having trouble manufacturing tears for you.
I don't exactly agree with Christof999, but I've stuck with 3.1 for now. There seem to be some significant bugs with very common systems that existed in the previous version, were marked "solved", and are still present in 4.0 - in addition to the new ones. It isn't a big deal for me to fix the ones I've already dealt with before in previous versions, but it's hardly user-friendly. I suppose it doesn't help that Gutsy is a bug fest. Anyways, I've donated to Linux Mint and would happily chip in some cash for bug fixes, so I didn't choose a free (as in beer, anyway) car. Maybe some sort of "bounty"?
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

Sorry to abuse my moderation super-powers but I've seen this topic one-too-many times and I just can't take the three typos in it. I'm changing the title from "I have ton say I am dissapointed with 4.0" to "I have to say I am disappointed with 4.0".

Clem
todds
Level 1
Level 1

Re: I have to say I am disappointed with 4.0

Post by todds »

Clem
thanks for changing it,I thought i was the only one who noticed :-)

regards

Todds
newW2
Level 5
Level 5

Post by newW2 »

I figured this is one of those double sided issues. You hate to see this type of whining take place, but it brings forum members who like / love this distro together to deal with something as a group. Like team building. :twisted:
BakUp
Level 3
Level 3

Post by BakUp »

smelph wrote:not sure if I just got lucky or something
I assure you it was not luck, for most of us it just runs fantastic out of the box !

What a great job Clem has done.......
My Linux Distros:
sidux - Parsix - DreamLinux - Mint

Return to “Beginner Questions”