ia32-libs

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Ninethousandbits
Level 1
Level 1

ia32-libs

Post by Ninethousandbits »

Hey guys! First post as well as firstish time user of linux mint, and I'm loving it!

Straight to the problem : I'm trying to run a dedicated call of duty 4 LAN server, and after days and days of trouble shooting, I found out I need the ia32-libs!
Excited, I found the solution was to go to the terminal and enter "sudo apt-get install ia32-libs" and download the library. Unfortunately I got the "E: Unable to locate package ia32-libs". All the posts I found referencing how to install this library were pre 2009, so I haven't found anything more recent.

What can I do :(?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Ninethousandbits
Level 1
Level 1

Re: ia32-libs

Nothing worked. Thank you though.
Elisa

Post by Elisa »

Did u tried this:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1619564

Meaning on that page you should tick the universe repository in software sources then
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

and it should be possible to install that ia32-libs
Ninethousandbits
Level 1
Level 1

It says to enable to universe repo, but that isn't available in linux mint :(.
Elisa

Post by Elisa »

Drop here exactly what system u have. BTW, do u have wine installed?
Read also this:

http://forum.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.ph ... 8&p=194537
Ninethousandbits
Level 1
Level 1

I'm running Linux mint 11 (Katya) 32-bit. I installed Play on Linux, which I assume also installed WINE. As far as me downloading wine myself, I haven't. Also, the COD4 server I'm trying to run is actually native to linux, it's not emulated :D. I found out recently that it doesn't play nice with AMD processors (which I have) unless you have that library. It's possible that this won't fix it, but I can't actually find the library anywhere to download.

Return to “Other topics”