[SOLVED] LMDE on macbook

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
kaizer

[SOLVED] LMDE on macbook

Post by kaizer »

I rune LMDE on a macbook. I have the following issue: I disable hibernate and suspend in the power management (put that to never) but still after a certain time of inactivity my screen goes black and the laptop does not want to wake up ( I am forced to reboot) .. which is higly annoying !! Before LMDE I was running Ubuntu and I did not have that issue.
Anyone can advise me on how to fix this? Thank you in advance

[SOLVED]
I just managed to fix my pb so I publish it just in case someone is having the same generic issue. As explained my laptop was not able to wake up from both suspend or Hibernate. I had to reboot each time.
after looking in /var/log/pm-suspend.log I saw that the only error message was happening when running : /usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/98video-quirk-db-handler
I decided to install nvidia driver instead of nouveau and it fixed the issue now I can resume from suspend

I installed the lastest Nvidia driver, I guess there is somewhere on the forum an howto but I will just explain what I did:

1. look for model of video card

Code: Select all

lspci | grep VGA
2. go on nvidia website and download correct script: for me was http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux-disp ... river.html
3. stoping x : go to a terminal (ctrl+alt+f1 for ie)

sudo /etc/init.d/gdm3 stop
4. running the script:

sudo sh ..../NVIDIA....run
5. accepting to desactivate Nouveau
6. then installation failed because driver not yet desactivated
7. reboot
8. start again the script (this time nouveau already desactivated)... installation successful

sudo /etc/init.d/gdm3 start
now you should have :
Running hook /usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/98video-quirk-db-handler suspend suspend:
nVidia binary video drive detected, not using quirks.
and resume from suspend should work !!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kaizer

Re: LMDE on macbook

Post by kaizer »

dont know how to change the title to SOLVED
zerozero

Re: LMDE on macbook

Post by zerozero »

hi,
go to your first post and edit it, now put solved in the title, it's done :)
and glade you solved your problem
kaizer

Re: [SOLVED] LMDE on macbook

Post by kaizer »

ok done
thank you
jebgipson

Re: [SOLVED] LMDE on macbook

Post by jebgipson »

I am having the same issue but my 13.3 macbook is telling me

jebediah@jebediah-MacBook ~ $ lspci | grep VGA
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS, 943/940GM

confused as to where to find the driver... any help?

Return to “LMDE Archive”