Linuxmint-11 Fluxbox?

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
lmx

Linuxmint-11 Fluxbox?

Post by lmx »

The LinuxMint will launch any Fluxbox edition like the Mint-9 ???

I like this type of Approach...

Thanks Mint ;)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Aging Technogeek

Re: Linuxmint-11 Fluxbox?

Post by Aging Technogeek »

Kendall

Re: Linuxmint-11 Fluxbox?

Post by Kendall »

I've got a decent base level .iso ready to start doing some packaging on, though I'll likely wait for the next LMDE respin before starting on the release .iso. Fortunately most of the packaging can be done from any Debian base system. The most time consuming aspects of the whole thing are the menu (called fm3) and the default settings package. I'm going to try to write as much of the default configuration into the session file as possible so that I can cut down on this edition's dependence upon the /etc/skel directory (heavy use of /etc/skel is a frowned upon last resort in most distributions as it won't restore a default desktop if user data is somehow wiped out). The menu is technically feature complete at the moment in that it does what I want it to, however there's a remaining parsing error that I've been working on for a couple of days that causes occasional applications from not showing up in the menu at all (which is totally unacceptable).

The final goal here is to have the single best put together Fluxbox edition of anything when it's all said and done. It'll be time consuming, but I'll get it there one way or another.

Return to “Non-technical Questions”