Running smoothly? Bored now :(

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
edgarkls

Re: Running smoothly? Bored now :(

Post by edgarkls »

found something to keep me entertained for another couple of days. Just bought myself a KWorld DVDMaker USB 2.0 and now try to make it work, using my camera's AV output rather than S-Video. No success so far, but hey, I have only just started.
Roken
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Roken »

OK - I had beer, came home, and had an idea. Tomorrow, I'm going to write a script guaranteed to break something on your system, but it won't tell you what or why. If you ever get bored again, you can run the script then try to fix what it broke :)
Kernel Linux Tex 5.12.14-zen1-1-zen, XFCE
Arch
Dual GTX1070 8Gb
AMD Ryzen 1800X
32Gb RAM
lmintnewb

Post by lmintnewb »

The answer here is simple. Right under your nose, well in front of it anyway. Take PC, aim for the nearest wall anddddd let er rip !!! You'll have hours of joy trying to reconstruct the tangled mess of wires and weird looking electrical parts scattered all over the room !!! Yay !

Messing round obviously. Yet another lame attempt at making a joke ... sighs. :D
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

This is what happens when an OS works too well. :roll:
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
Habitual

Post by Habitual »

tdockery97 wrote:This is what happens when an OS works too well. :roll:
Yep
mikhou

Post by mikhou »

Okay, I have to admit being in the same boat. I have used LM, LMDE, Debian Testing XFCE, and I just recently bought a new laptop and I went with #! because it's the closest, easiest thing that I have found to my prior Debian Testing XFCE setup. So I did that and then switched the repos to Testing because that's what I had been using with LMDE and with Debian. After a few weeks, I decided that I would reinstall and go back to Stable because I am an American living and working in a 3rd world country and bandwidth is not always in great supply so I didn't want to have to download updates all of the time. I did that, and my system is running fast and stable, but I am BORED! I couldn't agree more with the prior posters here. However, this is my only computer and I really don't have time to fiddle with fixing stuff all of the time so I guess I'm just stuck with running an extremely stable OS. ;-)

mikhou
dirjax

Post by dirjax »

Roken wrote:OK - I had beer, came home, and had an idea. Tomorrow, I'm going to write a script guaranteed to break something on your system, but it won't tell you what or why. If you ever get bored again, you can run the script then try to fix what it broke :)
Someone beat you to it ;)

http://trouble-maker.sourceforge.net/

Return to “LMDE Archive”