Cr-48; who knew mint and chrome could go well together?

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Goggles2114

Cr-48; who knew mint and chrome could go well together?

Post by Goggles2114 »

Been using Mint for the past month since my netbook (thanks google!) is about all I've got for computing. Do feel kinda bad that I'd flashed before the commercial chromebooks started coming out butI needed local functionality an mint has the advantage over Ubuntu in that all the codecs and stuff are already there.

Though I think I botched on filesystem installation since I'm getting freezes and stuff, that or something's come loose... which would be bad since I think I accidentally stripped a screw or three and would probably have to take it somewhere to see if they can undo things and put new screws in (costing about a hundred bucks.)

Prolly gonna get a bigger drive down the road, whether it's an internal drive or external network drive I haven't decided yet.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
The-Wizard

Re: Cr-48; who knew mint and chrome could go well together?

Post by The-Wizard »

Welcome to the Mint family forums

wizard
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

Welcome to the Mint forums Goggles2114. You will find a lot of information and help from some very enthusiastic and knowledgeable Mint users. I'm sure you will also want to visit our Mint Community Website at http://community.linuxmint.com/. You will find real-time help in our IRC channels. Just go to Menu>Internet>XChat IRC and when you open it you will automatically be taken to our #linuxmint-chat and #linuxmint-help channels. Have fun with Mint.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Oscar799 »

Hello Goggles2114,
Welcome to Mint Forum :P
There is a lot of useful information for new and not-so-new users here -> http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 58#p302355
Goggles2114

Post by Goggles2114 »

Currently getting help on GRUB and FSTAB mods to make my life a little less hectic (which I"m grateful for!)

Once I can sign off on these working I'm going to copy the changes off site so when I change out drives or mint editions (or even other linuxes) I can put things how they should look.
Evil-K

Post by Evil-K »

Good luck in getting your netbook squared away.

Welcome aboard!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”