Short Mint review

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
67GTA
Level 6
Level 6

Short Mint review

Post by 67GTA »

Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
carlos
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Short Mint review

Post by carlos »

I like his opinion :)
____________ ________ ______ ____ ___ __ __ _
http://www.designdrifter.com
The Purpose of Life is for DNA to reproduce.
verdegal37

Post by verdegal37 »

I am completely in agreement :lol:

Carlos , You got the tagline wrong, it should be “from freedom, came elegance” :wink:
Greetings;
Agust
belovedmonster
Level 5
Level 5

Post by belovedmonster »

While the review is good in so much as it is very positive I think its actually a step backwards for Mint. It's harking back to the early days when Mint was basically Ubuntu + Codecs and everyone would say "But Mint is just Ubuntu with codecs". He does nothing to talk about all the other features that are in Mint.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

I agree. This could have been said about Barbara (Linux Mint 2.0) basically and the title would have suited that release more than the later ones... not to mention the fact that codecs are easy to install under Ubuntu and that our goal is not to bring multimedia support to another distribution (codec-buddy, automatix and such are far more suited at doing that) but to make our own. So although the author is enthusiastic this is quite disappointing.

Clem
carlos
Level 4
Level 4

Post by carlos »

I took it as more of a positive experience then a review. I think the ubuntu with codecs stereotype is going to stick for a while unfortunately. And its due to ignorance of the project as a whole.

Maybe Clem needs to go on a interview spree to spread the word :wink: :mrgreen:
____________ ________ ______ ____ ___ __ __ _
http://www.designdrifter.com
The Purpose of Life is for DNA to reproduce.

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”