no backlight after suspend

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Little viking
Level 1
Level 1

no backlight after suspend

Post by Little viking »

Hi,
just can't get my laptop to turn on the backlight at waking up after both supend and hibernation.
Got a FS lifebook 8020 with Intel Graphic.
Tried http://www.winterdom.com/weblog/2007/10 ... tu710.aspx
didn't help.
Any ideas?
Please! :(
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: no backlight after suspend

Post by Husse »

This is among the worst problems...
Which version of Mint and some details of your laptop (finding facts about laptops is very hard)
element74

Re: no backlight after suspend

Post by element74 »

Hi, the same problem with a Thinkpad T22. For some days I used Ubuntu Feisty and there suspend works not perfectly but it works. Now with "Mint 4.0 XFCE beta 008" after suspend the moon led (it show the suspend status) don't stop blinking and the backlight stay off.
OK, After a update of my pakages the suspend-mode work fine!!!

Return to “Beginner Questions”