Need some drafts :)

Submit your artwork to make Linux Mint look better
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Angtagapagligt

Need some drafts :)

Post by Angtagapagligt »

Hey there to all artworkers,

Look at this post. :)
I need some drafts for the "Linux Mint Book" (a laptop by the way :)). I hope someone would like to do this.

Many many thanks!

Hope you enjoy :)

Angtagpagligt
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
samriggs

Re: Need some drafts :)

Post by samriggs »

I'll try something soon as I get some spare time, I copied what you thought of in the post and I'll see what I can come up with.
Other artist feel free to come up with alot more, the more the merrier.
Also they can use some of the wallpaers as skins for the laptops.
Sam
Angtagapagligt

Post by Angtagapagligt »

Wow!

Thanks for your support! I'm looking forward to your art :)

Angtagapagligt
samriggs

Post by samriggs »

No problem hopefully I can get some time to get some ideas togeather for you.
I'll sketch out some then scan them into gimpers and go nuts.
Sam

Edit: just went through everything I have ahead of this project, looks like it might be a month or so before I can get at it, sorry about that, I will try and squeeze it inbetween things.
Hopefully someone else can step up to the plate for this one as well.
Angtagapagligt

Post by Angtagapagligt »

I'm going to produce a first kind of prototype. This is going to be my private laptop (Dell Latitude E5500).
I'll make a draft of the laptop with the correct dimensions. Than the designs can be "cutted" (by me or right by the designers) to this draft. Than I'll order some vinyls with the designs. This is going to be the first Linux Mint Book :).
samriggs

Post by samriggs »

If you can get a design saved in a file, perferably a tff for printing companies (thats what we perfered) or really high resolution pngs or jpgs at least 600x600, the higher the better.
Any company that has a digi printer where you live (perferably large format) can print this on vinyl for you, you have your choice of matt or gloss vinyl, usually they perfer to print on matt vinyl because the ink adheres better, either way you can also get this laminated by the company.
Now the drawback on this, from one who has worked for a few companies.
They will charge you more for one print then they would for ten, you pay by the square footage usually then the art charge (yes even if you provide it) in some cases and some nice companies will wave this if there nice, it takes time to load it into the system (example roland uses versa works)which is nothing and only takes dropping it into the que (roland versa works can take a jpg dropped into the que) and so can all of them as far as I know.
Lamanating it can cost more (usually have a choice of matt or gloss, gloss would be better or they have one now thats sort of inbetween thats nice its a 3m product but I forget the name and its more expensive but it is nice).
Try and get a thin lam (not perf wrap lam but thin, perf lam is way too thin) this also helps you apply it.
If you have issues applying it to the laptop around corners, use a hair dryer this will stretch it, but be extremely careful not to wreck your laptop, we used a heat gun for car wraps but that is way to hot for a laptop and a hair dryer will stretch it enough to work with.
Hope this helps you out, I would do up a design but I have about 10 more things ahead of this on the list right now, hopefully I can get something inbetween for you but first I have to get some more stuff done.
Hope this helps you out.
Sam
Angtagapagligt

Post by Angtagapagligt »

The draft of my laptop is expected to be ready next weekend!

As soon as we produced the designs I'll go to my local print dealer (I think it's the best way to plan it together with him) and make the vinyls :). I'm really looking forward to see the designs (but take all the time you need - don't hurry!).

Return to “Your Artwork”