How to force icon size (size meaning PIXELS not zoom)

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
antiquexray
Level 5
Level 5

Re: How to force icon size (size meaning PIXELS not zoom)

Post by antiquexray »

Chrono86 wrote:I know bumping topics is annoying, but this thread is no longer on the first page with no responses...nobody can help me?
What do you mean "PIXELS not zoom?"
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
antiquexray
Level 5
Level 5

Post by antiquexray »

Chrono86 wrote:
antiquexray wrote:
Chrono86 wrote:I know bumping topics is annoying, but this thread is no longer on the first page with no responses...nobody can help me?
What do you mean "PIXELS not zoom?"
Sorry, what I meant was that I already know about the zoom option, but I want a way of pre-defining the size of all current and future desktop icons, so that I don't have to fiddle around with the zoom to make them all look 'about the same size'...
Oh man! Can't help you with that one! Sorry. Maybe some one else much more advanced in Linux than I can.

Me, I resize and save them in my /home partition. Then I drag them out as needed. Wish I could help you more.
antiquexray
Level 5
Level 5

Post by antiquexray »

Chrono86 wrote:
antiquexray wrote:
Me, I resize and save them in my /home partition. Then I drag them out as needed. Wish I could help you more.
That's ok, thanks for trying! :D

Anyways I realized I might as well just scale all the icons in gimp to the same size, and then set the zoom level at 100%. I guess that's the simplest way of doing it.
Well, that's more than I knew. Thanks for helping.

Return to “Beginner Questions”