Disk Boot Failure

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jhouse59
Level 3
Level 3

Disk Boot Failure

Post by jhouse59 »

This morning I had to do a hard restart. When my computer restarted. I got this error message "Disk Boot Failure, Insert System Disk and Press Enter". It's Celena that I've got installed. Is there a way to repair this with the live cd?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
67GTA
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Disk Boot Failure

Post by 67GTA »

Either your hard drive is dying, or the BIOS is not detecting your hard drive. Check your Bios boot settings. You might try running a live cd also. You can usually hit escape while booting and see any error messages. You might get some relevant errors that way if your hardware is FOOBAR.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
jhouse59
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Disk Boot Failure

Post by jhouse59 »

67GTA wrote:Either your hard drive is dying, or the BIOS is not detecting your hard drive. Check your Bios boot settings. You might try running a live cd also. You can usually hit escape while booting and see any error messages. You might get some relevant errors that way if your hardware is FOOBAR.
I've got it to boot now. I found my Celena live cd. When I restarted with that. I choose boot from hard drive. It started working. Thanks.

Return to “Installation & Boot”