Mint-X Icons

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Jerrec

Mint-X Icons

Post by Jerrec »

Hy!

I really love Linux Mint. I do since Version 9. I was a SUSE then openSUSE and Ubuntu user, so I have some knowledge already. Both is Server and Client Sides. But 1 thing, I know it really is not important, but still it bothers me, I will never understand. Why does the distro change to this ugly Faenza Icon Set? I know it is easily swapped back but cant the standard icons be the standard? Or is this somekind of "Baby Release" who need those icons?

The rest of Linux Mint is really great but please remove those Faenza Icons as Standard!

Thanks
Rainer
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Mint-X Icons

Post by xenopeek »

Rainer, welcome to Linux Mint :D

Hey, I think most here have a gripe with the default install on some point or another (Banshee comes to mind, purge that :lol:). But as you say, it is easy to replace things. Just reminds me why I love Linux :wink:
DrHu

Re: Mint-X Icons

Post by DrHu »

Jerrec wrote:I will never understand. Why does the distro change to this ugly Faenza Icon Set? I know it is easily swapped back but cant the standard icons be the standard?
..cant the standard icons be the standard?
What standard is that, every distributor/developer must use this font as a system font, this font as a menu font, this font as a terminal font etc etc!
  • Won't happen anytime soon
    --and I, like many others would object to that proscription from some standards committee..

Return to “Non-technical Questions”