How or where to Find Update-Pack 1&2

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Andrew33

How or where to Find Update-Pack 1&2

Post by Andrew33 »

Hello Everyone,

Would anyone know where or how to get the update-pack for LMDE...I hear a lot of talk about it but not really sure how to get it....have tried terminal but it says; Unable to locate update-pack1. Could someone point me in the right direction or is this something that's automatic through debian repos....thank you in advance for your help.

Cheers
Andrew
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
GeneC

Re: How or where to Find Update-Pack 1&2

Post by GeneC »

Follow "Zerozero's" thorough instructions

Here => http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=141&t=76556 :wink:
Andrew33

Post by Andrew33 »

Hello Gene,

Excuse me for sounding a little uninformed, but, where exactly are the instructions for obtaining update-pack 1 & or 2 and would I do this through terminal or synaptic package manager.....I seem to be missing the point here.....thanks
gaztelugatxe

Post by gaztelugatxe »

Hi, Andrew,

following the instructions in the link you've been given above, you will get your LMDE to point to Mint Debian's 'Latest' repository. After doing it you will already be able to get the Update Pack 1 via MintUpdate. Regarding the second update pack, I think it is being tested these days and will be placed in the repo when the possible issues with it are corrected.
Last edited by gaztelugatxe on Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GeneC

Post by GeneC »

andrew5859 wrote:Hello Gene,

Excuse me for sounding a little uninformed, but, where exactly are the instructions for obtaining update-pack 1 & or 2 and would I do this through terminal or synaptic package manager.....I seem to be missing the point here.....thanks

Hi Andrew.

Sorry, I have been away.
I see from another post, that you have it sorted out.

Welcome aboard.. :)
Andrew33

Post by Andrew33 »

Thanks Gene....glad to be here....I'm finding LMDE rather intresting and educational......I hope Boo and clem will come up with a nice version of LMDE_KDE...I'm currently playing with such a version right now....it's pretty cool...Cheers

Andrew

Return to “LMDE Archive”