Just to say hello

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
4UIAM12

Just to say hello

Post by 4UIAM12 »

I am just posting to say hello - I have heard of Linux and have never used it - having Windows since getting into computers. Linux was recommended to me by a friend who uses it himself and as I am having problems with the Windows OS thought that I might fair better with this system. So I have some reading up to do on just how it works and what I can do in it's environment.

But please if there is anyone who can fill me in a little to save me some time I would be most appreciative. Having said that I have to add that I only need simple info as I am not that savvy with computers. By that I mean I don't really know a lot about the jargon that many I find take for granted.

I am coming up for retirement and this form of activity I find is a great outlet for me, and may even keep me from going silly(er) lol!!.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Just to say hello

Post by Oscar799 »

Hello 4UIAM12,
Welcome to Mint Forum :P
There is a lot of useful information for new and not-so-new users here -> http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 58#p302355
We have a Community site http://community.linuxmint.com/
For real-time help and discussion there are IRC channels,open MintMenu>Internet>XChat and you will be automatically connected to #linuxmint-help and #linuxmint-chat
Have fun with Mint

PS.I moved this here from Newbie Questions
The-Wizard

Post by The-Wizard »

Welcome to the Mint family forums

do the same as i did [and still do] just play around with the programs if you don't like the default [say firefox] then download from the software manager a different browser and have a play, you will find most programs have many other options [all free and in the software repository] to use

wizard
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

Welcome 4UIAM12. As a retiree myself, I understand what you mean. I spend many enjoyable hours on my computer.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
nunol
Level 9
Level 9

Post by nunol »

Welcome to the Linux Mint Forums 4UIAM12!

Cheers.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”