Difference between LMDE and Debian Testing

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
andre90boss

Difference between LMDE and Debian Testing

Post by andre90boss »

Hi,
I'm new here and I would like to know the differences between LMDE and the original Debian Testing, can anyone help me?

I'm interest in this because I don't really know if a version of LMDE with KDE is in plan, and I need to re-install my machine soon. :)

Thanks for the replys :D
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
wayne128

Re: Difference between LMDE and Debian Testing

Post by wayne128 »

andre90boss wrote:Hi,
I'm new here and I would like to know the differences between LMDE and the original Debian Testing, can anyone help me?

I'm interest in this because I don't really know if a version of LMDE with KDE is in plan, and I need to re-install my machine soon. :)

LMDE = Debian Testing + Mintify

there is no LMDE-kde version yet.

if you want you can start from Debian kde and then mintify it
andre90boss

Post by andre90boss »

wayne128 wrote:
andre90boss wrote:Hi,

LMDE = Debian Testing + Mintify

there is no LMDE-kde version yet.

if you want you can start from Debian kde and then mintify it
Thanks for the informations :)

Speaking about LMDE I really appreciate the new Update system (http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=1781), how can I install it on a Debian testing + kde4.7 system?

I was looking in the pool of mint packages (http://packages.linuxmint.com/pool/main/m/) and I have to insttall "mintupdate-debian" right?

Another question: the packages with the "kde" suffix are intended to be used with the Ubuntu based Mint edition? Because I would like to have the same look as Mint 10 KDE.

Thanks for the replays, and keep in mind that I'm just a student :roll:
Dr.m0x

Post by Dr.m0x »

As far as I can tell we can only get repos for kde 4.6.5 at the moment. 4.7 shouldn't be too far though.

Sent from my Cyanogenmod 7 phone.
andre90boss

Post by andre90boss »

Dr.m0x wrote:As far as I can tell we can only get repos for kde 4.6.5 at the moment. 4.7 shouldn't be too far though.

Sent from my Cyanogenmod 7 phone.
Yes I know this fact, but I'm waiting for a packaged version of KDE 4.7 :)

Return to “LMDE Archive”