Been trying to find something to break

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
wyrdoak

Been trying to find something to break

Post by wyrdoak »

Download Chrome 14 so far the only problem I've found is that one one site the mp3 plugin doesn't seem to work(but does work in Chrome 12), I haven't been able to duplicate the grip so I have to assume it's the code they are using on the site.

Was playing with Bluetooth found two more sound setting I didn't have before, One lets me listen to my music on the Bluetooth headset, and system sounds and games on the computer speakers. Another lets me play all the sound though both, the headset and the speakers. The last lets me play all sound though the headset.

So instead of finding something to break I found more toys.

Other than the system beep at start-up,shutdown and the log on screen not done yet I just don't see anything broken.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Been trying to find something to break

Post by xenopeek »

Well, there is lots of other people with broken LMDE :wink: But good to hear you have it so stable, I'll be installing LMDE soon.
wyrdoak

Post by wyrdoak »

beginner's Luck?:roll:
wayne128

Post by wayne128 »

So instead of finding something to break I found more toys.
nice find :lol:

:!: Want to have higher probability of break? Play with Sid. :lol:
But then since Feb, my aptosid, debian sid for various installations are still running well, over so many uprades...along the time with kernel 38 there had been lots of kernel panic ( not breaking?? no need to reinstall, it stopped when 39 kernel came in) those details were sent to dev as Debian has built in reporting system, just click.
That was the reason I shy away from kernel 38 because of my hardware din like them.

Now all are with kernel 3.0.0-1.
I broke once.. during starting as I was not familiar with the Debian way of distro-upgrade.
Still learning, forever learning.

Note, do not play with sid ,,, until you backup/clone/copy your good OS and save it at outside the internal drive, then only create a new partition to play.. :mrgreen:
Nowadays I kept many 'good to keep' OSes partitions, so that I can get back within 10-20 minutes, like insurance policy,, and when I have them, it broke less. what a policy :mrgreen:
Matti L

Post by Matti L »

I've played around with LMDE in VirtualBox, but I somehow manage to keep it stable no matter what I do. Guess I should install it on the host and see what happens then.
wyrdoak

Post by wyrdoak »

Been procrastinating long enough :( Finally decided to put win7 back on it's partition. Grub went well, I still didn't break anything :roll:

Well maybe a couple of cracks in my head banging it on the wall waiting for win7 to install, reboot, upgrade,reboot,more upgrades,reboot,then reboot to reboot. there was something wrong with the M$ site too, maybe they need to use some of the $$$$$ they make for more bandwidth.

Return to “LMDE Archive”