Theme broken in some applications

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
samriggs

Re: Theme broken in some applications

Post by samriggs »

I'll look into the gtk and see if I can add it in there since it is for the panels only that is where it should read it from but I will probably have to hard code it into the gtk with pixmap, the calculator looks like it has it on the frame also where it should be reading the metacity file frame which is strange, I'll try it out and go through the code and fix it up and zip it up and post it for you, it should be small enough to put in the linux mint art hopefully minus the icon package.
Let me play with this for a few lol.
Its getting a bit late here so hopefully I can get this done tonight for you, if not then tomorrow.
Sam
wyrdoak

Post by wyrdoak »

go ahead and play. That's what I've been doing. The panel png will look the same as the active window border for I cheated and cropped it from a screen shot then put it in the panel.
Last edited by wyrdoak on Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
samriggs

Post by samriggs »

haw it all finished that was easy just had to add a panel class widget in the gtk and put it in, the widow that is open also shows the green png like your calcuilator the only thing is how did you get the transparencies?
Heres how it looks now
Screenshot.png
I also attached the filke for you all finshed and if you want to put it up on deviantart just use the file I included, that way it can be in your name or just add it to linux mint art page
which is here http://linuxmint-art.org/
I did not add the icon package if you put it up on linuxmint art just leave a link where they can get the icon package at, it should be on the net somewhere.
Sam
Last edited by samriggs on Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wyrdoak

edit: Theme broken in some applications

Post by wyrdoak »

Compiz setting for the windows, the panel isn't transparent.

Looking good!
samriggs

Post by samriggs »

Oh ya I forgot if you want it up on deviantart make sure you extract it and zip it instead, but it is small enough to put up on the linux mint art page, the only reason I use deviantart is when its too big for linuxmint art pages to upload they allow I think its 300 or 500 kb.
Have fun
Sam
wyrdoak

Post by wyrdoak »

Thank you much, just tried it out and it seems to be working 5X5. I think I will put it on Mint Art.
samriggs

Post by samriggs »

8) I just tried to find the icon package for you but malys doesn't seem to have it on its own but he does have a deviantart page at http://malys777.deviantart.com/gallery/
some nice work he does :D
Maybe leave that as a link to get his icons I guess.
Sam
wyrdoak

Post by wyrdoak »

That's what I was thinking for the file I have is both theme and icon package,
samriggs

Post by samriggs »

wyrdoak wrote:That's what I was thinking for the file I have is both theme and icon package,
As long as it linux mint art allows you to upload that size its all good, if not you might have to get permission from mayls or whatever his name is, for the icon package because hes on deviantart and the creator of the icons and if the files too big to upload at linux mint art you might have to put it up on deviantarts page instead and then leave a link to it as the download at linuxmintart, unless you just want to leave a link here for these folks only its your theme creation you choose :D
I think hes the creator anyhow if not I dont know who is. some artist get testy some dont care (like me) :lol: I dont care. Not unless I am making money off of it but if I am not making cash I usually leave it totally open source.
Oh ya there is an issue with linuxmint art page and gnomes also so heres what to do.
go through the pages of uploading it and try to upload the image also that shows what it looks like (under screenshot), once done and its all done, log out and go see your page, see if the screenshot got added, if not log in again go to your page click edit, click next after the first page, look at your screen shot and delete and then go back and add it again this time it will bring you to an upload page where you can upload it and this time it will work, I hope they get that thing fixed soon its a bit of a hassle.
Sam
Just went and checked it happened to ya eh :lol: dont worry it happens to me EVERY SINGLE TIME just go back delete that screenshot and add it and this time it will give you the upload link instead. :lol: got to hate that bug in the machine so many leave stuff with no screenshots because of it.
wyrdoak

Post by wyrdoak »

Yep there was a problem uploading the screen shot. I think I got it now.

http://linuxmint-art.org/content/show.p ... ent=144104
samriggs

Post by samriggs »

yup you got it :D a bit small but thats ok.
Its just a bug in the machine and its on every single site that uses this, linux mint art, gnome, xfce art all of them use the same thing and all of them have the same bug :lol:
Its the phpbb of artwork with only one minor bug in the code, also the hordes of complaints they get about the voting method and how anyone who changes anything gets put on top again :lol:
I guess some care about that stuff, I could care less.
Its a pretty cool theme good work :D
Time for bed
Have a good one.
Sam

Return to “LMDE Archive”