Post by clem »

That would be great. Any volunteers?
roger64
Level 4
Level 4

Re: UPDATE PACK 2 FEEDBACK THREAD

Post by roger64 »

Hi

Only to inform that the Orta theme is available both for GTK2 and GTK3 and is really great. I have been using the GTK2 version these last six months, first on Ubuntu then on LMDE. You can have it either in light or dark colours. Could be an excellent waiting solution (and more).
http://half-left.deviantart.com/art/GNO ... -207047273
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

Fyi, this Orta theme is "just" a shell theme, it doesn't have gtk3 (unfortunately)
wyrdoak

Post by wyrdoak »

I use the Peppermint theme,Aurora-Midnight Controls,Metacity themed Window Borders, and Slyd icons, adjust some of the colors to taste.

So far, nothing comming down the line has broke it.

I like dark themes, it makes it hard to walk around, if your glasses go dark, because your theme is too bright. (takes time for them to change back):wink:
autocrosser

Post by autocrosser »

clem wrote:That would be great. Any volunteers?

Hi Clem---I'm working on one right now---take a look at the Gnome-Shell thread....
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

the vanished logon sound

this "bug" that is around for awhile saw yesterday a workaround posted in forum by forum member ginjabunny and reported to work
ginjabunny wrote:I installed LMDE last week and noticed no login sound, been having a play today, it looks like a bug and I can't see how to fix it properly BUT I have a workaround.

open terminal
run

Code: Select all

gnome-session-properties
untick "Gnome Login Sound" and close it

then run

gedit '.config/autostart/libcanberra-login-sound.desktop'
you should see

[Desktop Entry]
Type=Application
Name=GNOME Login Sound
Comment=Plays a sound whenever you log in
Exec=/usr/bin/canberra-gtk-play --id="desktop-login" --description="GNOME Login"
OnlyShowIn=GNOME;
AutostartCondition=GSettings org.gnome.desktop.sound event-sounds
X-GNOME-Autostart-Phase=Application
X-GNOME-Provides=login-sound
X-GNOME-Autostart-enabled=false
delete the line starting "AutostartCondition=" and change the last line to true, then save it.

then run

chmod +x '.config/autostart/libcanberra-login-sound.desktop'
it should now work.

Two things to consider
1. if you tick the "Gnome Login Sound" box again it destroys everything you just did.
2. you could save it as something else and it should work as well, e.g. my-login-sound.desktop then chmod +x it.

Background
I noticed that when you untick something in Startup Application Preferences it put a non-executable .desktop file in the autostart folder, but when you tick it then it disappears but I can't figure out where it stores it! I found out the other day when playing with LXDE to run commands at login you can create an executable .desktop file in that folder.
now, i know that whatever is broken in testing/LMDE, that causes the logon sound to fail, is fixed in sid/experimental;
and don't know what kind of implications this modification can or will have in future libcanberra updates;
Andrew33

Post by Andrew33 »

I've updated to Update Pack 2....everything is ok so far...having issues with video glitching when opening or changing windows....my graphics is an ATI Mobile Radeon X600 128MB. Can't take out the xserver xorg files that are part of updates...I end up with a black screen with text tty login. The xserver xorg files are part of the mesa update files.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

Thanks to all the people who worked on the GTK3 issue, we now have GTK2/GTK3 compatibility in Mint-X themes. Of course, the CSS and all can be improved, but at least now the GTK3 apps look a bit better than before ;)
m4daredsun

Post by m4daredsun »

clem wrote:Thanks to all the people who worked on the GTK3 issue, we now have GTK2/GTK3 compatibility in Mint-X themes. Of course, the CSS and all can be improved, but at least now the GTK3 apps look a bit better than before ;)
I can confirm that things look indeed much better (not perfect though!)
Thanx for your efforts :mrgreen:
Elmacus

Post by Elmacus »

Confirmed. Now my calculator looks nice again :)

Sent from Android using tapatalk.

Return to “LMDE Archive”