Win4Mint Installtion Problem??

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
KOB.

Win4Mint Installtion Problem??

Post by KOB. »

Yes, i am a noob. Yes I have looked 'everywhere' for a possible solution.

I have the mint4win CD (both on CD and on my PC).
I have previously had mint4win (10) installed which was uninstalled.
When I try to install 11 it seems to install OK, but then I get the message The installer encountered an unrecoverable error and will now reboot (nothing else).
I can get to the management windows.
I have booted successfully from CD and did the CD verification (which said it was OK).
I have tried with ACPI fixes - same result.
I have tried with video safe mode - same result.
I am using a HP pavillion 7 (4Gig RAM).
I set aside 20Gb disk space for the mint4win installation.
I am running Windows 7 Professional.

I've rebooted and tried everything to get this going (well within my limited repertoire of Linux. It makes it difficult to think of moving to another environment when you get inane messages that simply say ..there was a problem...

Does anyone have any ideas how I might progress past this point. As notes, when I get the management screen up (if I don't immediately kill the system), these functions appear to work.

Thanks,
KB
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
wayne128

Re: Win4Mint Installtion Problem??

Post by wayne128 »

Have you consider to install onto hard disk partition?

Most people install onto hard disk and more help available there.
KOB.

Re: Win4Mint Installtion Problem??

Post by KOB. »

Most people install onto hard disk and more help available there.
Sure and thanks, but the point of the mint4win is to not have to reconfigure and just install within windows which is why I'm going this route. As noted, successfully installed 10 previously. Everything appears to install OK except for that 'final' error.

KB

Return to “Installation & Boot”