LMDE RC

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
secipolla

Re: LMDE RC

Post by secipolla »

man fstab should be easy. You can look for an fstab guide in Google too.
# /dev/sda1
UUID=b075c8bc-ce95-47d2-81b2-be0ed9e792d4 None ext4 rw,errors=remount-ro 0 0
# /dev/sda4
UUID=258B-EB7F None fat32 rw,errors=remount-ro 0 0
Those mount points are pointing to nowhere.
kwisher

Post by kwisher »

Which repo's are enabled by default with the new respins?
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

just finish the installation of the 201108-xfce-64b (and i'm posting from it); just not sooner because yesterday i had a bad d/l and had to restart today (ohh joy).

first impressions:
- xfce is a bit alien to me :oops: so i'm going very slowly around the "house",
- i have the same fstab bug mentioned before (none of my other partitions show up in desktop or thunar - but my external usb-hdd shows up fine)
- sound, flash, wireless working ootb;
and tmrw more digging around 8)
jaycee

Post by jaycee »

I've just been testing Linux Mint Gnome 32-bit RC, and have been noting as many flaws as possible from relatively casual testing. Needless to say, there's not many, and they're very minor, but they're still worth polishing before the final release.
There's a duplication of LibreOffice Draw in the Applications: All menu. This is probably because it's listed in both of the Applications: Graphics and Applications: Office menus. Although applicable to both categories, for the sake of consistency, it would probably be better to remove the entry from Applications: Graphics.
The System Monitor is only displaying one CPU in the CPU History. My laptop has a dual core Intel i3 processor with 2x hyperthreading, making for four "CPUs" (threads). This is probably an upstream bug though...
Under Control Panel: Preferred Applications: Internet, the Web Browser has Debian Sensible Browser set as default, and Firefox as a secondary option. Both options point to Firefox, but it might be clearer if the Debian Sensible Browser option were removed. Also, under Control Panel: Preferred Applications: Multimedia, the Multimedia Player is set as Custom, with Command: rhythmbox, while Banshee Music Player, with Command: banshee, is a secondary option. Banshee Music Player should be set by default, and the rhythmbox text in Custom: Command removed, especially as Rhythmbox isn't installed by default.
Under Control Panel: Appearance Preferences: Background, the Gelsan Debian background (which points to /usr/share/backgrounds/linuxmint-debian) is identical to the Default background (which points to /usr/share/backgrounds/linuxmint). Also, the Gelsan Green background (which points to /usr/share/backgrounds/linuxmint-katya) is from Linux Mint 11. Shouldn't Gelsan Debian and Gelsan Green be removed? Also, under Control Panel: Appearance Preferences: Theme, Mint-X and Mint-X-Metal are both present, although there is no apparent difference between them. Should one of them be removed?
Well, that's about the extent of my nitpicking for now! This shows just how high the quality of this release is! Many thanks to Clem and the members of the Linux Mint team for their contributions to this excellent release candidate!
samriggs

Post by samriggs »

I have an extremely stupid question
is this the one for lmde
linuxmint-201108-gnome-32bit-rc.iso 08-Aug-2011 19:16 1.2G

Ya I know extremely stupid question, I seen the rc for xfce was wondering if this is the rc for lmde which looks like it should be.
Forgive my stupidity.
Sam
jaycee

Post by jaycee »

samriggs wrote:I have an extremely stupid question
is this the one for lmde
linuxmint-201108-gnome-32bit-rc.iso 08-Aug-2011 19:16 1.2G

Ya I know extremely stupid question, I seen the rc for xfce was wondering if this is the rc for lmde which looks like it should be.
Forgive my stupidity.
Sam
Don't be so hard on yourself, it isn't a stupid question, and it's certainly worth double-checking. :) Yes, linuxmint-201108-gnome-32bit-rc.iso is the one for LMDE. Some time ago it was decided that LMDE should be renamed to Linux Mint Gnome, as it was expected the other desktop environments of Linux Mint (such as Xfce, and soon KDE) would transfer to a Debian base for future releases. Unfortunately LMDE hasn't been renamed to Linux Mint Gnome in most places yet (even the internal iso testers referred to it as LMDE), but hopefully it will be soon, preferably sometime around the final release this month.
Download, test, and enjoy Sam! :)
samriggs

Post by samriggs »

lmao thanks jaycee
Too used to seeing lmde I guess, gona have to change the sig again I see, oh well gives me another reson to make some more artwork.
Soon as I finish this gnome3 theme, and upload the thing, I'll give it a whirl, I want to try and use it with gnome 3 if thats possible, I'll give it a try, if not I'll go back to xfce with gnome 3.
Sam
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

Got the Xfce and finished my conversion to Linux Mint Debian KDE. I posted a screenshot in the LMDE screenshot thread. It works perfectly :mrgreen:
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
aljoriz

Post by aljoriz »

secipolla wrote:The 'xfce docky' is just a panel with launchers (may be set to auto-hide too). You can move the current panel to the top and add a new panel only with launchers below.
Explore the panel preferences.
Thanks. Worked like a charm but I have to ask is Kernel 3.0 ready for lmde? I just love it, had fewer updates like 13mb
edv

Post by edv »

-
Last edited by edv on Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
randomizer

Post by randomizer »

Is this Xfce spin using Xfce 4.8 or 4.6 still? I really want to use Debian Stable if using Debian in the long term (Arch is a better rolling release IMHO), but 4.8 is a huge improvement over 4.6. For starters, they finally added a daemon that handles the clipboard. No more glipper, klipper or parcellite just to have a properly working clipboard.
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

@randomizer, it's using 4.8;

@aljoriz, as these respins are using the latest repos, kernel 3.0 was not available yet at the time pack2 was released
aljoriz

Post by aljoriz »

oddly the respin still hasn't fixed the synaptic mark all bug

List of bugs that were not addressed in LMDE RC:
*Touchpad (manual adjust to make it work)
*Synaptic mark all icon not visible (still some adjustment)
*Panel2 docky like is absent but has to be installed manually

Feel free to add to this list of bugs not addressed in LMDE RC.
Andrew33

Post by Andrew33 »

Does anyone have a link to this new respin of LMDE so I can check it out....be greatly appreciated.....thanks in advance

BTW....is there any diffrence between this one and the one from Dec/Jan version?

Andrew
vrkalak

Post by vrkalak »

andrew5859 wrote:Does anyone have a link to this new respin of LMDE so I can check it out....be greatly appreciated.....thanks in advance
http://ftp.heanet.ie/pub/linuxmint.com/testing/?C=M;O=D
andrew5859 wrote:BTW....is there any diffrence between this one and the one from Dec/Jan version?
Yeah ... about 1100 updates difference. :lol:
wayne128

Post by wayne128 »

andrew5859 wrote:Does anyone have a link to this new respin of LMDE so I can check it out....be greatly appreciated.....thanks in advance

BTW....is there any diffrence between this one and the one from Dec/Jan version?

Andrew

Postby zerozero on Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:26 am
:lol: here they are http://ftp.heanet.ie/pub/linuxmint.com/testing/?C=M;O=D
sgtguthrie

Post by sgtguthrie »

Andrew
There's a link on page 1 of this thread...the fourth post :-)
craig10x

Post by craig10x »

yeah...i was the first one to ask for it :lol:
kmb42vt
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kmb42vt »

I've installed the new LMDE RC (64 bit) but haven't had much time to work with it yet. Will play with it over the next couple of days and post here again. I know there's some bugs from reading the thread and the test page for the release at the Community website. I'll post any fixes I find either from other folks or one's I come up with myself.

Have fun all.
Last edited by kmb42vt on Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Humph. Choice, it is the quintessential Linux delusion, simultaneously the source of it's greatest strength, and it's greatest weakness." (All apologies to The Architect)
Andrew33

Post by Andrew33 »

Thank you guys.....is that 1100 more or less

Return to “LMDE Archive”